The moodiest delay in the world, the Bicycle Delay is named after 'Bicycle Day' (April 19th, 1943), which is the day that British scientist Albert Hoffman took LSD and rode his bicycle home from the lab, marking the first ever acid trip. The Bicycle Delay is a physical manifestation of the experience of consciousness, letting go of the desire to control everything, experiencing the present and maintaining a positive attitude in order to leave room for a positive experience.
The Bicycle Delay is as organic as a computer growing from a tree. Sonically the pedal is ever changing, even turning the knobs has an amorphous behavior. Go with it.
Catalinbread Bicycle Delay Pedal Controls
POWERING UP THE BICYCLE DELAY
- LUCIDITY: Yin and Yang. There is a balance. The weight of each side is symbiotic and ever changing.
- REFLECT: Envision a staircase. REFLECT determines the number of steps in the staircase. Each step climbs or falls depending on MOOD.
- RADIANCE: Darkness or light. Dulled or sharpened. You can find opacity or clarity here.
- MOOD: MOOD determines the steepness of the staircase. Tailspin or ascending a thermal? Sometimes it's hard to tell. Even at the center there is chaos in the tranquility. Embrace it.
- EXPANSE: Where is the focus? Inward, close at hand? Or gazing outward at a faraway horizon in the mind's eye? Somewhere in between? Your journey can be as short or as long as you care to make it. Take your time.
You can power your Bicycle Delay with any quality power supply designed for use with effects pedals. The output should be a negative tip DC from 9 to 18 volts. The Bicycle Delay does not run on batteries. If you want more volume, headroom, and percussive attack, try running an 18 volt power supply. A 9 volt power supply will have a slightly softer sound that saturates more easily.
You can set the Gain trimmer for a pre-determined amount of boost so when you hit the Bicycle Delay, your sound will get louder, juicier and have more impact. Great for emphasizing certain passages or for epic leads.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.