Best suited to horn-loaded or scoop bin designs, the FTR15-4080FD is a tough and hard-working 15 inch die-cast frame replacement speaker with Celestion technology built in, to deliver superb heat dissipation, guaranteeing a massive 2000 Watts of continuous power handling (equivalent to a 1000Wrms AES). Exceptional BL and stiffness (K) symmetry further contribute to low distortion.
Discover what leading pro audio manufacturers already know, that Celestion’s class-leading Low Frequency loudspeakers deliver an unrivalled performance coupled with exceptional reliability. And that means superb sound reinforcement, night after night. The Celestion FTR15-4080FD features: A unique magnet topology built into all Celestion’s FTR loudspeakers using “Full Flux Saturation” to reduce interference from transient flux, dramatically lowering unwanted harmonic distortion. Double suspension that provides exceptional linearity at extremes of cone excursion.
Strong, die-cast aluminum chassis that is both robust and lightweight, designed to minimise distortion caused by unwanted acoustic reflections. Multi-layer, Inside/Outside voice coil providing greater heat dissipation. Flexirol “stress relief” points designed to enable a smoother cone movement at extremes of excursion. Water-resistant, glass fibre impregnated cone with sealed surround and added damping for reduced cone resonances.
Celestion FTR15 4080FD Features
- 1000 Watts RMS (continuous) power handling (AES Standard)
- Flexirol technology for greater excursion control
- Double suspension for exceptional linearity at the highest excursions
- Also good for use in bass guitar cabinets
- Saturated gap technology for lower harmonic distortion
- Low frequency response, down to 35Hz
- Smart chassis design minimizes acoustic distortion