Designed for 8-string players who want super light gauges for maximum flexibility. The Super Light set is balanced for longer scale length instruments.
Light top heavy bottom set is a hybrid 8-string set, combining the hig hstrings from a regular set (.010) with heavier low strings (.074). This combination delivers powerful low end for heavy chording and flixble plain steel strings for bending
D’Addario NYXL 8-string guitar strings will bend further, sing louder, and stay in tune better than any string you’ve played before. Envisioned, perfected, and manufactured by D’Addario in New York, this newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon steel core and plain steel alloy delivers a whole new level of freedom, confidence, and power.
NYXL’s provide more strength and up to 131% greater tuning stability by utilizing a completely reinvented wire drawing process coupled with a revolutionary “fusion twist” process for the plain steels. The reformulated nickel plated string windings have greater magnetic properties resulting in higher output and enhanced mid-range frequency response for more presence and crunch.
Daddario NYXL Nickel Wound 8-String Set Features
- NYXL’s feature D’Addario’s exclusive New York manufactured, high carbon steel alloy for unprecedented strength – Play Fearlessly
- Improved tuning stability compared to traditional nickel wound strings - get in tune faster, stay in tune better
- Wound strings with enhanced mid-range frequency response in the 1 - 3.5 kHz range – more presence and crunch to cut through the mix
- Super Light Gauges: .009, .012, .016, .024, .032, .044, .060, .080
- Light Top Heavy Bottom: .010, .013, .017, .030, .042, .054, .064, .074