The dbx 1046 provides 4 channels of great sounding dbx compression for a variety of applications.
In today's recording and sound reinforcement environments, the need for multiple channels of high quality, easy to use compression is growing rapidly. Incorporating industry standard dbx designs and the latest available manufacturing techniques, the dbx 1046 provides pristine sonic quality with that classic dbx sound. The dbx 1046 provides 4 channels of smooth classic OverEasy or Hard Knee compression that are perfectly suited for use on individual tracks of your multitrack recorder, and in virtually all applications the separate channels can be individually interfaced and used for entirely independent purposes. Additionally the newly developed PeakStopPlus is ideal for protecting your system from the oppressive peaks that can take out valuable drivers in your sound reinforcement rig or studio monitors.
dbx 1046 Features
Each of the 1046's four channels has the following controls
- Four independent channels of operation, stereo linkable in two pairs
- PeakStopPlus limiting control sets max level regardless of compressor settings
- Independent Threshold and Release controls
- Switchable OverEasy or Hard Knee compression
- Classic dbx compression
- Differentially balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4 inch inputs and outputs
- True RMS level detection
- Precision metering of input level, output level, and gain reduction
- Dual True stereo or quad mono operation
- Switchable +4dBu or -10dBV operation per channel
- Threshold - Set the level at which the compressor starts affecting the gain
- OverEasy - Select between soft or Hard Knee compression, based on dbx 160
- Ratio - Sets the slope of gain reduction affecting the signal/threshold level
- In/Out Meter - Checks for max signal-to-noise ratio for the best level matching
- Output Gain - Adjust the output level to meet the needs of the application
- Bypass - Hear how the compressor is affecting your signal
- PeakStopPlus - Set the max signal level with minimal distortion
- Stereo Link - Link channels 1/2 and 3/4 for two channels of true stereo compression.
All four channels feature balanced gold plated XLR and 1/4 inch inputs and outputs, and switchable +4dBu or -10dBV operating level to interface each individual channel with any other device.
So whether you need to control the level, placement in the mix, or overall characteristics of 4 independent signals or control the gain leveling on a couple of stereo pairs, the dbx 1046 is for you.CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.