Now the power and signature roar of the 180-watt Herbert head in a pedal! And with the Herbert Pedal, that same searing gain, punishingly tight low end, and finely tuned midrange fits on your pedal board. If you want to add the savage sounds of Diezel’s Herbert to your setup, but don’t need to harness the power of the full head, the Herbert Pedal is your high-gain sonic solution.
Diezel Herbert Two Channel Overdrive and Preamp Pedal Features
- Gain control travels from rock ‘n’ roll to the most dominating metal tones
- Tonal shaping courtesy of a 3-band EQ
- Footswitchable Midcut circuit precisely shapes the amp’s mid frequencies
- Presence and Deep knobs add sub-frequency punch and clarity to taste
- Two ways to achieve the Diezel tone
- Works as either an overdrive effect or as a stand-alone preamp
- Independent “To Power Amp In” output is finely tuned for power amps or series effects loop inputs
- When used as a preamp, the Bypass switch mutes your signal
This high-gain stomp replicates its namesake amp’s preamp with precision. You’ll find the same wide-ranging EQ control and foot-switchable Midcut circuit, along with Presence and Deep controls for mimicking the amplifier’s power-section punch.
To make this stompbox-sized preamp even more flexible, we included a separate output for running directly into a power amplifier, using the Herbert Pedal as your rig’s front end. And you can control it all remotely, thanks to its 1/4" stereo jack.
Sculpt your aggression:
Anyone who has had the experience of dialing in a Diezel Herbert knows how finely tuned its EQ section is. And that’s exactly what you get in the Herbert Pedal. Its 3-band EQ combines with a switchable Midcut circuit to craft anything from cutting aggression to a ground-shaking scooped sound.
Preamp or stompbox, your choice:
Far from just another distortion pedal, the Diezel Herbert pedal offers multiple ways to achieve its ground-shaking tones. If you prefer using pedals for your dirt, you’ll find the pedal works beautifully straight into the front of your clean amp. But you’ll also find a dedicated “To Power Amp In” output jack that turns the pedal into a fully functional preamp. Plug it into the series effects loop return of any guitar amp or directly into a stand-alone power amp, and you’ve turned your amp into your very own Diezel Herbert - perfect for players who often have to rely on less-than-dependable rental backlines.