The original DiMarzio Evolution humbucking bridge pickup did exactly what Steve Vai wanted it to do: kick butt and produce serious scream. The Evolution model 2 provides the same basic tone with increased headroom and dynamics, so that the sound kills on 10 and cleans up when the volume is rolled down. With a little less power than the original Evolution, Evo 2 balances perfectly with the Evolution neck model and performs equally well with high gain and vintage amps.
DiMarzio Evolution 2 Features
What is F-spacing?
- Same basic tone as the original
- Increased headroom and dynamics
- Incredible clean tones when you roll-off the volume
- Perfectly balanced with the Evolution neck pickup
- Incredible performance with both Modern and vintage amps
F-spacing refers to a wider polepiece spacing. For proper string alignment and balanced output, F-spaced humbuckers should be used in the bridge position on all guitars with string spacing at the bridge of 2.1 inches (53 mm) or greater. On these guitars, if the nut width is 1-11/16 inches (43 mm) or greater, F-spaced pickups can be used in the neck position as well.