The Carbon Copy Analog Delay will take you from crisp bathroom slap echoes to epic, voluminous soundscapes with minimal adjustment required. MXR is celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Carbon Copy Analog Delay with this special edition featuring a lightweight aluminum housing with a metallic silver finish.
MXR M169A Carbon Copy 10th Anniversary Pedal Features
- 100% analog bucket brigade technology
- Up to 600ms of delay with switchable modulation
- Internally adjustable modulation circuit
- True bypass
In the 10 years since its release in 2008, the MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay has become a rock ‘n’ roll staple. Its rich bucket-brigade warmth, elegant simplicity, and healthy reserve of delay time have endeared it to guitar players around the world—weekend warriors and recording pros alike. The universal appeal of the Carbon Copy Delay is evident in the wide range of artists who’ve had it on their boards—from legendary rock ‘n’ rollers such as Joe Perry and the Edge to jazz maestros such as Al Di Meola to heavy riffers such as Matt Pike and modern fretboard wizards such as Tosin Abasi. This pedal has become the go-to standard for any player who wants a well-rounded, easy-to-use delay that sounds incredible.
MXR M169A Carbon Copy 10th Anniversary Pedal Controls
- MOD switch toggles modulation on/off (blue LED indicates on)
- MIX knob controls blend of wet and dry signals
- REGEN knob sets number of repeats
- DELAY knob sets delay time
- FOOTSWITCH toggles effect on/bypass (blue LED indicates on)
And of course, it’s got all the same Carbon Copy goodness that made it famous. Use the Delay and Regen controls to dial in the time between repeats—up to 600ms—and how many repeats you want, and then use the Mix control to set the wet to dry signal ratio. Add in some modulation with the Mod switch to add wow and flutter a la vintage tape echo units or to simply give your repeats extra richness and depth. Inside the pedal, you’ll find two Width and Rate trimpots so that you can dial in the modulation to your taste.
MXR M169A Carbon Copy 10th Anniversary Pedal Directions:
- Run a cable from your guitar to the Carbon Copy’s INPUT jack and another cable from the Carbon Copy’s OUTPUT jack to your amplifier.
- Start with all controls at 12 o’clock.
- Turn the effect on by depressing the footswitch.
- Rotate the REGEN knob clockwise to increase the number of repeats or counterclockwise to decrease it.