Thorough, interactive and easy to use! Understanding music theory helps you to compose better, improvise easier, and learn music by ear more effectively.
eMedia Music Theory Tutor Volume 2 Features
- Over 200 lessons designed by University of Colorado instructor Gregory Simon Ph.D.
- Both music theory and ear training in one great course.
- Exercises feature graphics, interactivity, and sound to make learning easier.
- Intelligent Practice that tracks your progress and selects questions to improve weak spots.
- A progress graph that shows your answer statistics to easily see how well you are doing in the course.
- Rhythm lessons in counting and recognition of triplets, more complex time signatures (3/8, 6/4, 5/4, 7/4, 5/8, and 7/8), and syncopation.
- Interactive lessons for learning major and minor key signatures and the Circle of Fifths.
- Training exercises so your ear can recognize harmonic intervals, minor scale types, modes, and augmented and 7th chords.
- Lessons on harmonic, melodic, and natural minor scale construction and modes.
- Chord theory lessons cover construction and recognition of chords including inversions.
- Lessons on constructing chord progressions cover chord functions (supertonic, supertonic seventh, mediant, submediant), substitutions, cadences, leading tones, and figured bass notation.
- Harmonic flowchart, major, minor, and two-voice harmony studies.
- Lessons and exercises in musical form and analysis (binary, ternary, rondo, phrasing, etc.) help you better understand composition.
Music Theory Tutor Volume 2 delivers over 200 lessons to teach more advanced areas of music theory and builds on the lessons found in Music Theory Tutor Volume 1. Learn about the construction of augmented and seventh chords; harmonic, melodic, and natural minor scales; modes; musical keys; the Circle of Fifths; phrasing; and more about melodic/harmonic relationships and cadences.
An Intelligent Practice feature acts an instructor would by analyzing your responses and skill levels and providing an individualized practice program to help you improve weak areas. Images, audio, interactive quizzes, and examples make learning music theory easier than ever. Many lessons let you enter pitches simply by humming, singing, or playing your instrument into the computer’s microphone. Tap rhythms, sing back melodies, guess intervals, and much more. Music Theory Tutor shows you when you are playing or singing the correct pitches in a lesson and lets you see your progress. Gain confidence as you pass quizzes at the end of each subject and at the end of every grade level completion.
Take your musical brain to the next level with Music Theory Tutor Volume 2!
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.