Offering a complete set of music writing and practice tools, MagicScore Guitar provides guitarists an easy and simple solution for publishing their creative ideas. Write songs as you create and edit guitar tablature (tabs), transcriptions, and complete band arrangements. MagicScore Guitar's powerful guitar notation, editing and playback capabilities help you get work done fast. Plus you can import other tab and notation files, such as the huge tab libraries found on the internet, to make learning new songs and guitar licks easier. Make your own chord charts. Use the powerful MIDI playback capabilities in the software to slow down song tempos and loop sections to help you learn difficult parts. MagicScore Guitar also makes it easy to publish your music by exporting in popular audio and graphic file formats.
MagicScore Guitar Notation Software Features
- Tools for creating engraver-quality music notation for guitar and other instruments.
- Support for tablature, standard music notation, or both in one composition.
- Easily switch parts between tabs and notes. For example, enter notes as tab and then print the score as notes.
- Easy entry of chord diagrams with a library of standard chord fingerings.
- Customizable chord library for creating your own chord voicings.
- Quick entry of standard music symbols with an extensible library.
- Ability to create tabs for guitar (6- and 7-string) in standard, drop, and open tunings plus support for bass, banjo, and ukulele tablature with the ability to add your own custom instruments and tunings.
- Notation and sound playback support for guitar and bass techniques including bends, glissandos, hammer-ons, and pull-offs. Use the Piano Roll Editor to make your guitar tabs sound their best! You also get selectable wide or narrow vibrato effects.
- The Active Focus function provides quick access to the most important notation tools without any searching.
- Print entire compositions or individual instrumental parts.
- Drum, keyboard, strings, woodwind, and other instrument notation tools and sounds let you create charts for a whole band.
- Powerful MIDI editors to make your music sound as good as it looks. Tools include the Piano Roll Editor, Velocity Editor, Tempo Editor, and MIDI Events Editor.
- Import and embed MP3 and WAV audio files to insert your own recording or other audio track to play along with your compositions.
- Export as MP3 or WAV audio files so others can hear your compositions plus MIDI, MusicXML, or KAR (Karaoke) to exchange projects with other applications.
- Import notes and tabs in GP4, MusicXML, MIDI, and KAR formats to access the large library of song files found on the internet.
- Export as PDF, TIFF, JPG, PNG, GIF, WMF, or EMF for high-quality printing or to use on websites and in other applications.
- Maestro Online plug-in to post live tabs and notes directly to a web page.
- A comprehensive and interactive help system.