One of the most popular EMG’s, the 81 is the one that started a revolution. Utilizing powerful ceramic magnets and close aperture coils, the tone was designed with detailed intensity, incredible amounts of high end cut, and fluid sustain. Traditionally used in the bridge position of your guitar, this humbucking pickup will make your leads slice right through even the densest mix. When used in both neck and bridge positions the sound can only be described as blistering. Other recommended pairings include the classic 81/85 setup and the versatile 81/60 combo.
EMG 81 Pickup for Guitar Red - Features
- Hugely popular, revolutionary humbucking pickup
- Ceramic magnets and close aperture coils produce detailed tone with fluid sustain
- Most commonly used as a bridge position humbucker
- Using EMG 81’s in both the bridge and neck position results in blistering sound!
- Pairs seamlessly with other EMG humbucking pickups, most notably the 81/85 and 81/60 combos