The Ghost Echo is EarthQuaker’s spooky take on the haunted amp-top spring reverberation units of yesteryear. This creepy analog/digital spring reverb emulation machine boasts a terrifying 30ms – 150ms of pre-delay, controllable via the 'Attack" knob, for everything from a quick rockabilly slapback, to viscous pools of ectoplasmic reverberations. When playing staccato, you’ll hear the tortured trails of the reverb, resulting in more of a slapback, or echo sound. Legato playing will reveal a massive ambient ‘depth that fattens up the sound – and look out it’s right behind you!
Phew, that was close. The ‘Dwell’ control sets the length and thickness of the decay, which is to say that it controls how long the disembodied spirits of notes no longer with us float through the ether; and the ‘Depth’ sets the intensity of the reverb, which you probably know as the wet/dry mix, but we like to think of it more as how scary the overall effect is.
The Ghost Echo is true bypass, and built one at a time by a team of friendly ghosts in the never-ending hall of funhouse mirrors that is Akron, Ohio, USA.
EarthQuaker Devices Ghost Echo V3 Features
- Vintage Voiced Reverb
- Analog / Digital hybrid spring reverb emulation machine
- ‘Attack’ control adjusts 30ms-150ms of pre-delay
- Upgraded op-amps for better performance and lower noise
- Stronger reverb signal with 2x the output
- Recalibrated ‘Dwell’ control capable of self-oscillations when all the way up
- Accutronics Reverb Tank
- New artwork
- True Bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- All-analog dry signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Built one at a time by a team of friendly ghosts in the never-ending hall of funhouse mirrors that is Akron, Ohio, USA
- Dimensions: 4.625 x 2.5 x 2.25 inches with knobs
- Power: Standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages! Current draw is 80 mA.