The Palisades v2 is a versatile mega ultimate overdrive!
EarthQuaker Devices Palisades V2 updates
- New flexi switch silent relay based switching allows for traditional latching or momentary operation
- Soft-touch relay-based switching for silent operation and long-term durability.
The Palisades is something Earthquaker said we would never do... an overdrive based on the legendary TS808! Gasp! The horror! Another tubes creamer?? In 2014?? Really?? After loads of requests we finally buckled. We ran tests with every popular clone on the market as well as several vintage originals, compared, contrasted and took loads of notes. It was exhausting but informative. In the end, we threw it all away, used our ears and came up with what we feel is the most versatile relative of the 808 available today.
EarthQuaker Devices Palisades V2 Mega Ultimate Overdrive Features
- Mega Ultimate Overdrive
- Highly tweakable, yet refined take on the classic 808-style circuit
- Normal / Bright switching for full, warm tone (Normal), or a livelier tone with more chime (Bright)
- The buffer is part of the drive circuit, and is only available while the Palisades is activated.
- Boost footswitch engages clean boost with independent level control
- True bypass
- New flexi switch silent relay based switching allows for traditional latching or momentary operation of the Gain B and Boost features*
- All-analog signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Each Palisades is hand made one-at-a-time in the tiny tree house community of Akron, Ohio, USA.
With 6 different clipping voices, 5 bandwidth settings and 2 gain channels you will be hard-pressed to not find a setting that will wipe every mid-boosting overdrive off your board. The clipping voices determine how transparent and open or tight and crunchy the distortion is. They will vary drastically depending on where the gain is set, what channel is active and how much bandwidth is being used. The bandwidth sets the frequency response of the distortion and goes from thin, light and clean through fat heavy and crunchy. It may very well be the single most important control the Palisades has and what really sets it apart.
Gain A is a lower gain channel with a wider range of grit that is great for strumming open chords. Gain B is a higher gain channel with a tighter range that is great for palm muting and/or shredding solos. The Palisades also has a foot switchable volume boost with adjustable level to take it over the top when you want to throw your foot up on the monitor and rip your sweet leads...or maybe just push the front end of your amp a little harder. Not enough? How about a normal/bright switch to mix and match the overall tone to different amps and guitars? Still not enough? OK then, how about a buffer on/off switch to tighten up the tone and make it sparkle when set to ON or warm it up and make it sag when set to OFF.
The Palisades is a versatile dude that will give you years of loving companionship. Each Palisades is hand made one at a time in the tiny tree house community of Akron, Ohio.CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.