The Talons is an extremely versatile high gain overdrive that serves up the full range of gain from transparent boost to heavy saturation, and all points in between. Unlike other overdrives, the Talons was not designed to emulate any specific sound or era. The presence control gives you a wide range of top-end contour and the active 3 band EQ allows you to sculpt your tone to perfection. The Talons can be powered at the standard 9v for a warmer amp-like tone or at 18v for greater headroom, more volume and a brighter, stiffer grind. All analog, true bypass and handmade one at a time in dusty Akron, Ohio.
EarthQuaker Devices Talons High Gain Overdrive Features
- Treble: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Middle: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Bass: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Presence: Adjusts the top end and upper mids to control the amount of ‘sizzle’ in the dirt. Turn clockwise for a brighter tone, counter clockwise to mellow it out.
- Gain: Preamp volume control. Controls the amount of dirt available, from clean to heavy crunch.
- Level: Master volume control. There is a lot of level on tap, please adjust accordingly.