Representing Over 35 Years of EVH Experience and Expertise in Guitar Design!
Built to Eddie Van Halen’s exact specs, the EVH Wolfgang utilizes every single feature of the Eddie himself plays onstage and in the studio. The Wolfgang is a bulletproof and beautiful tonal giant of a guitar that takes whatever you can dish out and then asks for more.
EVH Eddie Van Halen Wolfgang Electric Guitar Features
Everything that I’ve built, destroyed, stumbled onto, learned and experienced is in this guitar,
- EVH chrome Gotoh tuners with pearl buttons, Exclusive to the Wolfgang
- AA birdseye maple fingerboard or ebony fingerboard(satin black model only)
- Quartersawn maple neck reinforced with 2 graphite rods
- Stainless steel vintage size frets that are practically indestructible
- Hard-mounted custom designed EVH humbucking pickups
- Arched AA maple top with 5-piece binding
- EVH Floyd Rose tremolo unit with EVH D-Tuna fitted the Wolfgang
- Bourns low friction pots, Custom EVH controls available only on the Wolfgang
Eddie Van Halen said. Every aspect and component of this guitar has been examined and upgraded to the highest standards possible—stainless steel frets, double-potted custom-wound pickups, five-piece binding on the matching body and headstock, custom-made signature tuning machines and Floyd Rose bridge, new low-friction pots, and the list keeps going. We left no stone unturned.
The process undertaken to develop the Wolfgang took over two years of intense trial-and-error research. The formidable task yielded a series of prototypes that endured a full year of brutal in-concert road testing by Eddie on Van Halen’s triumphant 2007-2008 world tour. To prove that it was battle-worthy and could survive the road, performance data was collected from every gig for months and months to establish and confirm consistency and durability.