A boutique D-style amp, the Four Aces can reduce power to less than 5-watts by switching to a 6V6. Unlike other amps in this price range, this series features two channels, a digital reverb, gain boost, and a ton of features. They feature a full compliment of extremely flexible tone controls. A surprising amount of clean headroom is available before the output stage begins distorting with a sweet yet cutting rock edge.
Fuchs Four Aces 5 Watt Tube Guitar Amplifier Head Features
- Bias control for each power tube, each with an internal test point so matched power tubes are not required.
- Buffered series effects loop
- 4-8-16 ohm outputs, via custom wound power and output transformers
- Aircraft grade aluminum chassis and are a mix of high quality .062 double sided PC boards and point to point wiring. Channel switching is provided via sealed noise free relay switching.
- All preamp and power tubes are selected, matched and graded for lowest noise and highest performance.
- 5-Watts push pull Class A output, through 2 x 6SN7 power tubes t 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes.
The Fuchs Casino Series delivers the great Fuchs ODS style tones that built our business, to a more affordable format. While sharing circuit DNA with the ODS/TDS series, a simpler construction style and more basic feature set allows Fuchs to bring these same great tones to the working professional.
All Casino models share this same three tube preamp stage featuring two channels with a full treble, middle, bass tone stack, a unique adjustable gain boost that gives increased drive on both channels while keeping the tone controls operational.
Channel one works as a non-master volume low gain clean channel. Add the boost for more drive and crunch or reduce the guitar volume to clean things up. Channel two features an input gain control, an output master volume and a unique post overdrive tone control which takes you from woman-tones through D-style to an English inspired sparkling plexi range.
The Casino amps feature the same great digital reverb technology found in the Verbrator pedal. A unique circuit design mixes the wet reverb signal with absolutely no effect on the pure tube dry signal quality in any way. It also features an adjustable decay control and is warm and bouncy unlike most digital reverbs can be.
Fuchs cabinets are made of light-ply, an environmentally friendly highly resonant plywood that is about half the weight of birch or pine cabinets. All Fuchs Casino Series amps are proudly manufactured in Clifton, NJ, USA!