Featuring eight channels of Focusrite microphone pre-amplification, the OctoPre MkII Dynamic offers eight VCA-based Red 3-derived compressors with built-in 24-bit/96kHz digital inputs/outputs and built-in compression. As a feature-rich expansion upgrade for any digital audio workstation, the OctoPre MKII is equally an ideal expansion for any analogue or digital console, or hard disk recorder.
Digital inputs and outputs let you make the most of often-neglected ADAT I/O; ideal for expanding the number of mic-pre inputs on your interface or for providing analogue monitoring from any digital ADAT feed.
With this entire package fitting into a single 1U chassis complementing Focusrite’s Saffire PRO range, and all controls adjustable from the front fascia, OctoPre MkII Dynamic sets the standard for modern, compact, multi-channel recording expansions.
Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic Features
Eight award-winning Focusrite pre-amps
- Eight award-winning Focusrite pre-amps
- Eight single-dial Focusrite Compressors
- Compress transparently or with effect
- Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96 kHz digital outputs
- Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96 kHz digital inputs
- State-of-the-art Clocking Solutions
- Two high-quality instrument inputs
Focusrite's unparalleled pre-amp legacy forms the foundation of this new device, with pre-amps optimized to handle extreme levels from sound sources like acoustic drums.
Eight single-dial Focusrite Compressors
A single dial gets you to the right amount of compression, fast. These new VCA-based, feed-forward compressors model the character of the celebrated Focusrite Red 3.
Compress transparently or with effect
The classic soft-knee design achieves beautifully transparent compression that caresses your sound. Focusrite’s unique More
switch doubles the ratio to deliver ‘compression with effect’.
Built-in eight channel 24-bit/96kHz digital outputs
Make the most of your interface's ADAT input for tracking, with eight channels of analogue to digital conversion via ADAT, boasting a ‘real world’ dynamic range performance of 110dB.
Built-in eight channel 24-bit/96kHz digital inputs
Switchable from the front panel, digital to analogue conversion via ADAT provides analogue monitoring of any digital ADAT feed, as well as the ability to clock from any ADAT device.
State-of-the-art Clocking Solutions
OctoPre MkII Dynamic's internal clock delivers a jitter performance of +/- 20 PPM. For external clocks, industry-standard JetPLL jitter elimination technology is employed
Two high-quality instrument inputs
OctoPre MkII Dynamic’s first two channels feature DI’s, ready for you to plug in your Guitars and Bass. No expensive external DI required.
- Input clip and Compression active LEDs on every channel
- 5 LED input metering on every channel
- Phantom power available on every channel (switched in two groups: 1-4 and 5-8)
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz sampling rates
- Internal clocking, master clocking and external clocking via BNC or ADAT