The Tour Pro 1520 Platinum Pack organizes your pedals and provides excellent clean power and a buffer for a natural and musical tone. The Tour Pro 1520 Platinum pack includes a 15" x 20" made in USA pedal board with riser and professional carrying bag. Also includes the Power Grid 10 (Isolated high current 9V pedal power supply) and Buffer Bay 6 (Buffer and Patch bay).
While most pedal boards have either a flat or a slanted surface, the TOUR PRO boards are designed with two tiers, a bottom section that is flat and a top section that is angled (with all the holes needed for easy cable routing).
Friedman Tour Pro 1520 Platinum Pedal Board Features
- Made in USA Pedal Board
- Two Tier Design
- Includes Accessory Pack
- Includes Buffer Bay 6 and Power Grid 10
- Riser can be mounted in 4 different positions
- Professional Carrying Bag
- Dimensions (DxWxH): 15 x 20 x 4 inches
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Includes an accessory pack with
- 1 x 2” x 10' roll of black Velcro
- 10 x 7.75" black wire-ties
- 12 x 1" black wire-tie mounts with adhesive backing
- To mount ANY power supply the TOUR PRO 1530 includes
- 2 x 3" Strip of 250 Count Dual Lock by 3M
- 2 x 3" Strip of 400 Count Dual Lock by 3M
This two tier design allows a guitar player to have access to all pedals on the board, without ballerina style, toe-extending dance moves. And, to address the need for Wah and/or Volume pedals, the TOUR PRO 1520 includes a detachable riser, which can be mounted in various locations on the bottom tier (yes - they thought of left footed guitar players too).
Many of today's pedal board packages include a bag of some kind. But, what is the quality of the bag you are getting? In most cases the best you get is an economic-bag. For the Friedman pedal boards, Dave created a bag that is of the highest quality and most importantly, made to withstand the rigors of the road. Friedman pedal board bags feature thick padding on the inside, robust zippers, front pouch for your cables and even gold piping adorn the FRIEDMAN bag.
Dave Friedman has been building pedal boards for over 27 years. From the fancy, ultra- complex, to the simplistic pedal boards, Dave has seen and designed them all for the who's who of the industry. When it came time for Dave to design his own line of pedal boards, everything a touring or home guitar player actually needs was meticulously thought out and addressed.
Buffer Bay 6 (Buffer and Patch Bay) Built-In
The Friedman Buffer Bay is a simple solution that incorporates Dave's wealth of experience and knowledge providing players an innovative tool which can be easily implemented to ANY pedal board or easily mount into any Friedman branded pedal board.
The Buffer Bay accomplishes two basic things.
First - it is an ultra transparent, natural and musical sounding buffer, which can be turned on or off using the provided switch. The buffer solves the fundamental problem of loading loss caused by interconnected cables and some pedals. This "loss" siphons your guitar of fidelity, tone and volume level. This problem occurs even if all the pedals used are true bypass and the more pedals and longer the cable runs, the greater the losses.
The Buffer Bay 6 circuitry, when engaged, sounds identical to your guitar straight into the amp! You can access the buffer using the buffers IN connector on one side of the Buffer Bay and Buffer Out on the other side.
Second- the Buffer Bay is a patch bay with the following benefits:
• Cleans up all of the connections on your pedal board.
• Allows for tighter pedal placement on the board (you no longer need to access the jacks on certain pedals).
• Lets you have all cables from your board in the same location allowing neater chord runs on stage.
• Your pedal chain in permanently connected making setup and takedown quick and painless.
• Saves the life of the jacks on your pedals by not plugging in cables ever y time you play.
• Easily configure your input or output in hard to reach places.
The Buffer Bay 6 includes 5 identical 1/4" TRS (tip, ring, sleeve) in and out connections and a Buffered TS (tip, sleeve) connection (can be turned ON/OFF via switch). It also provides a 7 pin MIDI thru connection. The Buffer Bay 6 can be used for a wide variety of connection schemes. Once the Buffer Bay is configured on your board, simply plug your guitar and amp in and you no longer have to fight with your first and last pedals.
Using an extra patch cable you can easily go from using an amp with an effects loop to
using one without.
Buffer Bay 6 Features:
Power Grid 10 (Isolated High Current 9V Pedal Power Supply) Built-In
- Ultra transparent, natural and musical sounding buffer
- 5 identical 1/4" TRS (tip, ring, sleeve) in and out connections
- Buffered TS (tip, sleeve) connection (can be turned ON/OFF via switch)
- 7 pin MIDI thru connection
The POWER GRID 10 was designed to address all of the deficiencies Dave encountered with power supplies from other brands over his 27 year history of designing and building pedal boards for the biggest touring guitarists and studio producers. The Power Grid 10 was designed to meet the demands of any player who wants a dead quite pedal board, that can be taken anywhere and is tour ready. Some of the key features include:
1) Universal power from 100-240Vac meaning you can plug it in anywhere in the world. You will never have to flip switches or worry about a step up or step down transformer.
2) ZERO field hum, which plagues many other power supplies with traditional toroidal transformers.
3) The Power Grid 10 will power virtually any pedal (350mA each per 9V output)
4) 10 isolated outputs and all the cables needed to power your pedals.
5) And for those boards that have no room to mount the power supply underneath, the Power Grid 10 was designed as a riser - yes, with the Power Grid 10 you can mount your pedals right on top of the housing, including your favorite Fuzz pedals, which are known to cause unnecessary proximity hum and infiltrate your other pedals.
2 x 2.1mm BLACK connector to 2.5mm BLUE connector - polarity reversed - 20" long - right angle connector on both sides,10 x 2.1mm BLACK connector to 2.1mm BLACK connector - regular polarity - 20" long - right angle connector on both sides
1 x 2.1mm BLACK connector to 1/8" phono BLACK connector - 20" long - right angle connector on 2.1mm connector.
1 x 18 V cable - 2.1mm BLACK connector with additional 2.1mm slave connector on one side to 2.1mm BLACK connector - regular polarity - 20" long - right angle connector on both sides.
The Power Grid 10 provides 10 isolated outputs - 350mA per output at 9Vdc.
So you can buy a cheap pedal board only to replace it later, or buy a Friedman now and enjoy it forever!