The Genelec M040 monitor includes several new, innovative technologies to bring you the finest audio quality.
Genelec M040 Active Studio Monitor Features
Natural Composite Enclosure
- Natural Composite Enclosure: environmentally friendly Finnish wood composite enclosure combines controlled directivity with minimal diffraction
- Intelligent Signal Sensing power management for energy saving with less than 0.5 watts of power consumption in standby mode
- Low distortion, high output from power-efficient Class D bi-amplification by Genelec
- Low product lifecycle carbon footprint
- Individually tested and calibrated according to Genelec's stringent standards
- Room response controls for easy adjustment to your environment
- 107dB output with less than 3% harmonic distortion
Genelec’s pioneering Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE) is made from a fully recyclable fibre composite material. Half of this is wood, which has the right acoustical properties to reduce vibrations and deliver exceptional sound quality. Plus, the enclosure is manufactured using injection molding. This optimizes the shape and structural rigidity for high-quality acoustical performance. And we can also maximize the internal volume, something that's vital for achieving high output at low frequencies.
Intelligent Signal Sensing
Genelec’s Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) feature reduces power consumption to less than 0.5 watts by automatically switching the active monitor to standby when no audio signal has been detected for some time. When it receives an audio signal again, the loudspeaker turns back on. ISS is fully compliant with the latest EU requirements and the ErP 2013 Directive for electronic devices.
Low turbulence reflex port
Uncompressed bass through the new patent pending low turbulence reflex port design, Laminar Integrated Port – LIP
Class D Amplifier
The need to improve energy efficiency has led to the development of switch-mode operated amplifiers in many areas. Gradually this technology has matured also for demanding audio power amplifiers and at Genelec we have chosen to design Genelec’s own Class D amplifier technology. The M series utilizes these high efficiency, low distortion amplifiers in both channels.CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.