If you’re a guitarist looking for the full, open sound of a Gibson semi-hollowbody in a smaller size, look no further than the Gibson ES-339! This instrument has the distinct look, flashy character, tonal style, and physical body dimensions of the iconic ES-335, scaled down a bit for those looking for something just a bit more nimble.
Gibson ES-339 Gloss Semi Hollowbody Electric Guitar Fetaures
- Gibson ES-339 design, painstakingly crafted and built to exacting specifications of the iconic ES-335 in a smaller form factor.
- 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple body with resonant solid Maple center block
- Pearloid Dot Inlay on a Rosewood Fingerboard
- Grover ‘Milk Bottle’ Rotomatic Tuners, Die-cast stopbar tailpiece, and ABR-1 bridge with plated-brass saddles provide stability
- Neck and bridge pickups - Gibson MHS II Humbuckers
- Eye-catching finishes with gloss nitrocellulose lacquer – Dark Natural, Sixties Cherry, Light Caramel Burst
The Gibson ES-339 Electric Guitar is 100% full semi-hollow sound that can be wielded with the dexterity and ease of a solidbody instrument. Crafted in Gibson’s iconic Memphis workspace location, the 2019 ES-339 utilizes a resonant 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple body construction and is anchored with a solid Maple center block. From a sonic standpoint, maple is a wood known for its strong sustain and bright tonal color. It is also prized for its durability, density, and tight wood grain – in the hands of Gibson luthiers, the instrument’s sweet-sounding timbre will sing loud and clear!
A pair of MHS II Humbuckers (the MHS is short for Memphis Historic Spec) power the Gibson 2019 ES-339, providing the guitar with a specially formulated blend of sound for the Gibson semi-hollow lineup of electrics. Switch up the combinations between the neck and bridge pickups and you’ll be treated to a wonderful collection of humbucking tones, a brilliant mix of options from smooth and vintage to open and direct with a bit more bite.
The hardware on the Gibson ES-339 has been chosen for a very specific reason – pure performance stability. The Grover ‘Milk Bottle’ Rotomatic Tuners and the ABR-1 bridge with plated-brass saddles are rock-solid, keeping the ES-339’s tonal foundation anchored and ready. The finish of both the hardware and pickups, the pearloid dot inlays on the Rosewood fingerboard, and the distinctive black ‘top hat’ knobs with silver inserts add a striking visual accent when paired with the guitar’s vibrant body finish.
The Gibson ES-339 Gloss Semi-Hollowbody Electric Guitar comes with a hardshell case.
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.