A gorgeous gold top with modern features on a Les Paul from the 60s. The Les Paul Classic 2017 T riffs on the beloved guitars of the ’60s and ’70s while adding modern upgrades for tone and playability, yielding a true Classic with contemporary twists.
Gibson 2017 Exclusive Run Les Paul Classic Gold Top Features
- Aluminum Tune-o-Matic bridge with steel thumbweels
- Bigsby vibrato tailpiece
- Pickups perfectly matched to the spirit of their historic models and classic Gibson controls
- Rolled binding over the frets
- Polished 0.55 frets on top of their original 1.695” neck width and original Gibson Les Paul heel
- Hand-selected and book matched solid maple top with historic flame grades
- Historic plastics, knobs, hardware, truss rod cover and acrylic inlays
- Historic Switchcraft toggle switch and multi-contact gold-plated jack
A Grade-A plain maple top on a mahogany back with 9-hole weight relief combine for subtle beauty with enhanced resonance and superb playing comfort. The solid-mahogany neck has a fast slim-taper profile, a thicker rosewood fingerboard with 22 super-smooth polished frets for easy bends, and a genuine nylon nut. Zebra '57 Classic humbuckers with orange drop tone caps ensure sultry PAF-like voicings, while a nickel wired ABR bridge and aluminum stopbar combine for solid sustain. Gibson USA gently rolls the fingerboard binding for a neck that never felt so good, and Grover locking kidney tuners provide an accurate and long-lasting performance. Gold speed knobs add an elegant touch. Delivered in a classic Gibson brown hardshell case with a Gibson multi-tool, a premium leather strap, and a polishing cloth.