Since the inception of the Historic Range in 1993 Gibson Custom has constantly improved its achievements in matching our reissues to genuine vintage guitars. New for 2015, the True Historic range represents the culmination of all past experience and a further re-dedication to truly fanatic levels of accuracy.
Extreme measures such as a double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, hand wet-sanded finish, hand-filed rolled fingerboard binding, and plastics replicated from molecular-level analysis of original vintage parts headline only a few of the extensive and obsessive details found in each of the very limited number of True Historic 1956 Les Paul Goldtops offered. Add a pair of superbly authentic P-90 pickups, and you simply can't get closer to the real thing...than the real thing.
Gibson Custom True Historic 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Features
- True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It's all about feel and playability
- Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
- Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
- ‘Broken’ Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
- Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most original Reissue yet
- Reissue Les Paul Brown Case with Pink Fur Lining