New for 2015, the True Historic range represents fanatic new levels of detail accuracy, employing new processes, new materials, and new skills to give you an entirely authentic ownership experience, placing the beauty, feel, and tone of an original 1950s Gibson in your hands.
Produced in very limited numbers, the True Historic 1957 Les Paul Goldtop employs appointments reproduced with molecular-level analysis of original vintage plastics, a double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, hand wet-sanded finish, hand-filed rolled fingerboard binding and more to deliver an obsessively detailed recreation of an original '57 Goldtop. You simply can't get closer to the real thing...than the real thing.
Gibson Custom True Historic 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Features
- True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
- True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals
- Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
- Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
- ‘Broken’ Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
- Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most original Reissue yet
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It's all about feel and playability
- Reissue Les Paul Brown Case with Pink Fur Lining