The 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue is made even more desirable thanks to a die cast Gibson 120th Anniversary badge over the rhythm/treble switch access cavity! Gibson Custom has also expanded the use of hot hide glue from the neck joint to the adhesion of the fingerboard to the neck for historically-correct construction.
Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue Features
- Fitted with a die cast Gibson 120th Anniversary Badge over the Rhythm/Treble switch access cavity
- Hot hide glue used for neck joint as well as the adhesion of the fingerboard to the neck
- Gloss finish looks just like one of these guitars would like brand new in ‘58
- One-piece rosewood fingerboards and Aniline Dye
- Kluson Deluxe machine heads and Hot Hide Glue Neck Fit
- Custom Buckers pickups and Historic Truss Rod Assembly (no tubing)
- Accurate body and fingerboard binding color
The 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue from Gibson’s Custom Shop presents the most accurate recreation yet available of this first incarnation of the hallowed Burst, in a guitar that contains all the crucial ingredients, with a less showy maple top that is sometimes considered more authentic looking than those with highly detailed figuring.
Gibson Custom’s Custom Bucker accurately recreates the original PAFs of the late ’50s, using Alnico III magnets and unequal turns of 42 AWG wire in each coil for that characteristic PAF bite. These pickups clean up beautifully at the guitar’s volume controls, while Bumble Bee tone caps assist in that warm, singing woman tone when you roll back the tone controls. The 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue plays superbly right out of its hardshell case thanks to a trip through one of Gibson’s state-of-the-art Plek machines before it leaves the Custom Shop floor.
The '58 Les Paul has a carved Maple top and solid, non-weight relieved Mahogany back with the Aniline Dye and with a 1-piece Mahogany neck that has a Hide Glue Neck fit with a long neck tenon. It also has a 50's rounded profile with a Rosewood fingerboard. With the historic Truss Rod assembly (no tubing) and the ABR-1 bridge with the lightweight aluminum tailpiece, the guitar also has the gold top hat knobs with dial pointers.