With the True Historic range, Gibson Custom commits to a fanatic level of detail accuracy to bring you as close as possible to owning an original 1958 Gibson Les Paul. A double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, hand wet-sanded finish, hand-filed rolled fingerboard binding, and plastics replicated from molecular-level analysis of original vintage parts headline only a few of the extensive and obsessive details found in each of the very limited number of True Historic 1958 Les Pauls offered.
Add a pair of superbly accurate Custom Bucker pickups, re-created from precise study and measurement of original PAFs, and sounds as amazing as it looks and feels. You simply can't get closer to the real thing…than the real thing.
Gibson Custom True Historic 1958 Les Paul Reissue Features
- True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
- True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals
- Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
- Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
- ‘Broken’ Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
- Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most ‘original’ Reissue yet
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It's all about feel and playability
- Reissue Les Paul Brown Case with Pink Fur Lining