The groundbreaking look and sound of the 1960’s. Introduced in 1960 as Gibson’s first square-shouldered dreadnought, the Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of a new era in music, and was rapidly embraced by the prime movers on the scene. Built with Thermally Aged sitka spruce top, the 2016 Hummingbird Vintage reflects the appearance and performance of those early iconic instruments. Aged top woods were developed with the help of a major university for use on our 2016 Vintage line. This allows Gibson to replicate the aging process on the cellular level for that legendary 1960’s Hummingbird vintage sound and appearance.
Gibson 2016 Hummingbird Vintage Acoustic Guitar Features
- Thermally aged sitka spruce top wood
- Fingerboard edge is softened to comfortably fit the contour of the player’s hand
- Comprehensive Plek assisted setup for perfect action a superior performance
- New penetrating and finishing oil last longer and maximizes woods natural vibrancy
- Relic style Gold Gotoh tuners