The Golden Age Project PRE-73 Jr is the little brother to the big seller, the PRE-73. It uses the same discrete (no IC´s) signal path with a transformer balanced in- and output.
In order to be able to offer this classic and musical sound character at an even more affordable price point, Golden Age Project did scale down on some features that is seldom used.
Golden Age Project Pre73 Jr Microphone Preamp Features
- Vintage Style class-A electronics. No integrated circuits are used.
- GAIN switch range 20 - 70 dB.
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase.
- A high-impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar or bass.
- A simple signal LED indicator.
- The output level control makes it possible to make fine gain adjustments and also to overload the main gain stage for more character and then lower the signal to a suitable level before the output stage.
- Combo XLR/TRS input jack and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connections.
- Insert jack for inserting EQ´s and other units.
- The circuit board is prepared for the Carnhill input transformer.
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers.
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use.