The studio-quality PRE-73 PREMIER upgrades your signal chain so every nuance will be heard. The PRE-73 PREMIER is a one-channel vintage style microphone-, line- and instrument preamplifier. The signal path uses only discrete components like resistors, capacitors and transistors. The in- and output is transformer balanced, using two different transformers, each one optimized for its purpose. This is the way audio components were built before integrated circuits became available.
The circuit used in the PRE-73 PREMIER is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
Golden Age Project Pre-73 Premier Microphone Preamp Features
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- UK made Carnhill mic input and line output transformers
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Classic style knobs
- Polystyrene capacitors in the amplifier circuits
- Sturdy toggle switches with gold plated contacts
- Connector free internal wiring, all connections are soldered for the purest signal path
- Beefed up power supply
- External power adaptor to avoid electromagnetic interference with the audio transformers
- Prepared for mounting one or two units in the UNITE PREMIER rack kit. You can also mount it in the other UNITE rack kits and combine it with the red and black Golden Age Project products.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.