The first notable addition to the MCM-8 MK2 is the lower noise floor, making it one of the quietest summing mixers and 500 series power supplies on the market. The second addition is the much requested feature of a 500 series slot bypass switch. This switch allows the user to still use the summing mixer function of the MCM-8, whether a module is inserted into the corresponding slot or not. This makes the unit considerably more useful for users that have limited number of modules currently, but could be getting more in the future.
Standing for Music Compact Mixer 8, the MCM-8 is an 8 slot 500 Series enclosure with 10 channel mixing capabilities and it´s the Top of the Line of the new Heritage Audio ‘ON SLOT’ Technology (OST) 500 Series enclosures.
‘On Slot Technology’ takes advantage of last generation power electronics to handle power supply on a ‘per slot’ basis. Each slot has its own power supply linear regulation stages, therefore modules are isolated from the rest. They just share the metal enclosure.
Heritage Audio HAMCM8 MK2 500 Series 8 Slot Rack Features
- Both DB25 or XLR ins and outs are on board, take your pick!
- AUX stereo input means you can daisy chain mixers (expand) or return effects directly to the mix buss
- Each channel has individual gain and pan feeding the mix buss
- Each channel has direct outputs as well
- Output section is Neve 1073 style with transformer balanced XLR connections
- Make up gain / trim available on the face of the unit, for final stereo mix levels
- VU meters report left and right output levels