Despite its compact size, JBL 705P delivers an eye-opening level of output, well beyond that of existing, comparably-sized studio monitors, for greater dynamic range and greater working distances. The speakers deliver an expansive soundstage, and pristine accuracy in a broad range of rooms.
JBL 705P 7 Series 5" Active Master Reference Studio Monitor Features
- Next-generation JBL driver technology
- Patent-pending JBL Image Control Waveguide
- Integrated dual amplification system with internal floating-point DSP
- Comprehensive room EQ and delay controls
- Compact enclosures for easy placement and installation
- JBL 725G low-frequency transducer delivers low-distortion and high SPL
- JBL 2409H high-frequency transducer with low-mass annular diaphragm
- JBL-designed patent-pending Image Control Waveguide
- 2-channel Class-D amplifier HF 120W / LF 250W
- 192 kHz, 32-bit floating point processing
- 12 bands of Room EQ, 8 bands of User EQ
- 6 factory presets, 6 user-defined presets
- 18 milliseconds of Room Delay, 150 milliseconds of AV Sync Delay
- 1 x XLR-1/4" balanced combination analog audio input
- 1 x XLR AES3 format digital input with 1 x XLR pass-through output
- Digital input accepts sample rates of up to 192 kHz
- User-enabled sample rate converters
- RJ-45 network connection for Harman HiQnet connectivity
- Rear-panel multi-function controls and LCD display allow selection of input sensitivity, input trim, Room EQ, User EQ, Room Delay, AV Sync Delay
- Top and bottom mounting points; birch plywood cabinets reinforced for safe mounting
- Protective steel grilles
Delivering incredibly dynamic and accurate sound, the 705P monitor provides remarkable performance over a wide listening space in any room for a great mix. The JBL 705P is the self-powered reference monitor for critical music recording, film post and broadcast production applications. The JBL 705P leverages the same patent-pending driver technologies and JBL’s renowned Image Control Waveguide found in the 708P and the flagship M2, but with a smaller footprint.
Next Generation Driver Technology
JBL 705P leverages next-generation JBL driver technologies to deliver greater dynamic range and superior frequency response. The 2409H high-frequency compression driver incorporates an innovative low-mass annular diaphragm to deliver smooth response beyond 36 kHz, with very low distortion. The 725G low-frequency transducer provides 14mm peak-to-peak excursion with greater linearity, delivering exceptional low-frequency output below 39 Hz. These proprietary drivers allow the 705P to deliver two to three times the output of existing studio monitors.
Patent Pending Image Control Waveguide
First introduced in the JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor, the JBL patent-pending, Image Control Waveguide ensures accuracy and neutrality while providing a wide sweet spot with increased sonic detail. By enabling an acoustically seamless transition between the low- frequency and high-frequency transducers, the waveguide provides a detailed soundstage and accurate imaging across the entire frequency spectrum. The smooth, on- and off-axis frequency response allows the JBL 705P to deliver neutral response across a wide listening area in a broad range of rooms.
Integrated Dual Amplification System
JBL 705P features a built-in dual amplification system that’s optimized for its high-output drivers. A 120W amp powers the 2409H high-frequency transducer, while a 250W amp is dedicated to the 725G low-frequency transducer. This combination provides exceptional output and allows for greater listening distances, making them ideal for post production or mastering environments.
Comprehensive EQ and Delay
Although the 705P design yields exceptional neutrality in any room, the speaker also features onboard room equalization, so you can compensate for the adverse effects of room acoustics and enjoy the most accurate sound reproduction in any listening environment. In addition to twelve bands of Room EQ, eight bands of User EQ allow for customized response curves such as the X-Curve, and compensation for “screen-loss” when placed behind a perforated cinema screen. User-enabled digital delay allows virtual alignment of speakers relative to the listening position, while additional AV Synchronization delay is available to compensate for latency in video displays.
Compact Form Factor
7 Series Powered monitors were developed with the modern control room in mind. A compact two-way design minimizes interference with video displays and sight lines, while still providing output that is comparable to larger speakers. The reinforced enclosure includes bottom and rear mounting points, allowing wall and ceiling mounting in either vertical or horizontal orientations.
JBL 705P features analog and digital inputs and sample rate converters. AES/EBU digital inputs allow connectivity with a broad range of production hardware, including digital audio workstations (DAW), mixing consoles and digital playback hardware with sample rates of up to 192 kHz. Internal sample rate converters can be enabled to allow connection to digital signals with uncommon sample rates.
Integrated amplification and digital signal processing (DSP) for room EQ
JBL 7 Series and JBL M2 Master Reference Monitors can be combined for multi-channel systems in any size room
Compact enclosures and mounting hardware allow versatile mounting options and unobstructed sight lines
HARMAN HiQnet™ port enables feature updates as they become availableCALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.