Featuring next-generation JBL driver technology, the JBL 708P is the self-powered reference monitor for critical music recording, film post and broadcast production applications. The 708P leverages new patent-pending driver technologies and JBL’s renowned Image Control Waveguide to deliver extraordinary output, stunning detail, an expansive soundstage, and greater accuracy in a broad range of rooms. 708P delivers several times the output of other comparably-sized studio monitors, providing significantly greater dynamic range and greater working distances.
JBL 708P 7 Series Active Master Reference Studio Monitor Features
Next Generation Driver Technology
- Next-generation JBL driver technology
- Patent-pending Image Control Waveguide
- Integrated dual amplification system with internal floating-point DSP
- Comprehensive room EQ and delay controls
- Compact enclosures for easy placement and installation
- JBL 728G low-frequency transducer with patented Differential Drive® allows extended low frequency with low distortion and high SPL
- JBL 2409H high-frequency transducer with low-mass annular diaphragm
- JBL-designed patent-pending Image Control Waveguide
- 2-channel Class-D amplifier HF 120W / LF 250W
- 192 kHz 32-bit floating point processing
- 12 bands of Room EQ, 8 Bands of User EQ
- 6 factory presets, 6 user-defined presets
- 18 milliseconds of Room Delay, 150 milliseconds of AV Sync Delay
- 1 x XLR-1/4" balanced combination analog audio input
- 1 x XLR AES3 format digital input with 1 x XLR pass-through output
- Digital input will accept sample rates of up to 192 kHz
- User enabled sample rate converters
- RJ-45 network connection for Harman HiQnet connectivity
- Rear-panel multi-function controls and LCD display allow selection of ofinput sensitivity, input trim, Room EQ, User EQ, Room Delay, AV Sync Delay
- Integrated handles
- Top and bottom mounting points; birch plywood cabinets reinforced for safe mounting
- Protective steel grilles
JBL 708P leverages JBL patents and next-gen driver technologies to provide unparalleled output with greater dynamic range and extended frequency response in demanding production applications. The JBL 2409H high-frequency compression driver incorporates an innovative low- mass annular diaphragm to deliver smooth response beyond 36 kHz, with extraordinary output and very low distortion. The 728G low-frequency transducer leverages JBL patented Differential Drive technology to reduce power compression for greater sustained output and extended, linear low-frequency performance below 35 kHz. These proprietary drivers allow the 708P to deliver two to three times the output of existing studio monitors.
Patent Pending Image Control Waveguide
First introduced in the JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor, the JBL Image Control Waveguide ensures accuracy and neutrality while providing a wide sweet spot with increased sonic detail. By enabling an acoustically seamless transition between the woofer and high-frequency transducer, the waveguide provides a detailed soundstage and accurate imaging across the entire frequency spectrum. Smooth, neutral on- and off-axis frequency response allows the JBL 708P to “hear the same story” regardless of listening position and room.
Integrated Dual Amplification System
JBL 708P features a built-in dual amplification system that’s optimized for its high-output drivers. A 120W amp powers the 2409H high-frequency transducer, while a 250W amp is dedicated to the 728G low-frequency transducer. This combination delivers unparalleled output and detail at greater listening distances, making them ideal for post production or mastering environments.
Comprehensive EQ and Delay
Although the 708P design yields exceptional neutrality in any room, the monitor also features onboard room equalization, so you can compensate for the adverse effects of room acoustics and enjoy the most accurate sound reproduction in any listening environment. In addition to twelve bands of Room EQ, eight bands of User EQ allow customized response curves such as the X-Curve, and compensation for “screen-loss” when placed behind a perforated cinema screen. User-enabled digital delay allows virtual alignment of speakers relative to the listening position, while additional “AV Synchronization” delay is available to compensate for latency in video displays.
Compact Form Factor
7 Series Powered monitors were developed with the modern control room in mind. A compact two-way design minimizes interference with video displays and sight lines, while still providing output that is comparable to larger speakers. The reinforced enclosure includes bottom and rear mounting points, allowing wall and ceiling mounting in either vertical or horizontal orientations.
708P features analog and digital inputs and sample rate converters. AES/EBU digital inputs allow connectivity with a broad range of production hardware, including digital audio workstations (DAW), mixing consoles and digital playback hardware with sample rates of up to 192 kHz. Internal sample rate converters can be enabled to allow connection to digital signals with uncommon sample rates.
Integrated amplification and digital signal processing (DSP) for room EQ
JBL 7 Series and JBL M2 Master Reference Monitors can be combined for multi-channel systems in any size room
Compact enclosures and mounting hardware allow versatile mounting options and unobstructed sight lines
HARMAN HiQnet™ port enables feature updates as they become available