The Joemeek OneQ2 Deluxe Mic Preamp Channel Strip provides a master channel like no other. As a single channel combining Mic Pre with Burr-Brown IC, four band EQ, signature Joemeek optical compressor, De-Esser, and Enhancer, the OneQ2 is intelligently laid out, with clear, easy to read controls and a large analog VU meter. Joemeek’s OneQ2 has even included 24bit, 96K A/D converters with word clock input and output. The OneQ2 raises the bar for all studio master channels!
Joemeek OneQ2 Microphone Preamp Channel Strip Features
What’s in the OneQ2 that wasn’t in the Original OneQ?
The microphone input transformer is permanently assigned to the Mic Input
The IRON switch now optionally sends the Line input through the transformer, to add some coloration to Line sources.
The input GAIN control operates over the range 18dB to 60dB, with improved resolution in the crucial 25dB-45dB range.
Microphone inputs up to +4dBu can be accommodated without distortion (+24dBu by using the PAD switch).
With the LINE input selected the gain is unity (0dB) at the top of the dial
The gain range is now -19dB to +22dB
The Instrument input now has a gain range of 0dB to +40dB
PEAK LEDs now light at +16dBu (2dB below Full Scale Digital)
- Ultra Clean Microphone Preamplifier with Top Quality Cinemag Microphone Transformer
- Highly Musical Four Band EQ with Low-Mid and High-Mid Sweep, selectable LF and HF
- Full Featured Optical Compressor with Compressor Link for Stereo Applications
- De-Esser with Listen Function for quick, precise elimination of sibilance
- Large Accurate VU Metering for Quick Monitoring of Level and Gain
- IRON switch sends Line input through the mic transformer to add coloration
- Front Panel Instrument Input to use as a DI during sessions
- XLR Inputs on Front and Rear Panel for easy session setup
- Harmonic Enhancer adds definition without gain increase
- 24-bit 96k AD Converters with AES/EBU, S/PDIF, Optical and Word Clock
- Convenient 2U chassis design
The Joemeek Digital Audio Interface provides high quality digital audio outputs plus the ability to synchronize to an external word clock. The digital audio outputs are compatible with most digital recorders, as well as Digital Audio Workstations and mixers. S/PDIF format is available from the RCA phono connectors, while the transformer coupled XLR connector provides an AES3 compatible output.
The Joemeek Digital Interface has highly stable onboard master clocks for low-jitter, hi-fi results. Internal sample rates of 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz or 96kHz are selected by means of rear panel switches. 44.1kHz is the standard used for audio CD's, while 48kHz and 96kHz are widely used in recording studios. In general, the higher the sample rate, the better the audio fidelity, but the more disk space is required for the recording. For example, recording at 96kHz requires twice as much storage as 48kHz. Consult the manual of your recorder or DAW as to what sample rates it will accommodate.
Alternatively the oneq2 may be set to the frequency of an external master word clock, generated, for example, by the studio's recorder or DAW. When connected to the BNC socket provided, a suitable external word clock will be detected automatically and will override the twinQ's internal word clock.
The front panel LED labelled 'EXT CLK' illuminates when the oneq2 is successfully locked to an external word clock. To avoid distortion, care should be taken not to overdrive the input to the Digital Interface. The red LED next to the Output Gain control is labeled "PEAK FSD" which stands for "Full Scale Digital". Occasional flashes are OK but if it is on all the time, turn something down!