A unique circuit, simple-yet-effective controls and top-quality components make the No. 2 Clean Boost an easy add-on to any pedalboard! Providing a warm, tube-like boost, it was designed for those who appreciate a natural and subtle gain. All KHDK pedals are proudly made and quality-tested in the USA.
Best used as a tool for shaping your tone on a quality all-tube amp, the No. 2 allows the organic and transparent EQ controls to fully develop your tone.
KHDK No 2 Clean Boost Pedal Features
- 1. Gain Controls the unity gain of the circuit.
- 2. Volume Controls the overall output volume of the No. 2.
- 3. The hi/lo switch Is tied directly into the gain. The lo setting offers a warm, tube-like boost. The hi setting adds saturation, compression and a powerful mid boost.
- 4. Bass Controls the bass and lower mid-frequency gain. The bass is tied into the gain, making it a secondary gain control enhancing lows. For boosting an overdriven tube amp, it is recommended to lower the Bass control setting for a tighter bass response. For single note soloing, turn the Bass control clockwise.
- 5. Treble Control Is a passive low-pass filter, cutting high end and offering a wide frequency range. The setting depends on your amplifier; we recommend cutting the treble on brighter amps to achieve a warm tone.
- 6. Footswitch Engages your No. 2 to ‘on’ or True bypass mode.
The KHDK No. 2 Clean Boost is powered by a single 9V battery. You can access the battery connection by unscrewing the bottom plate of the pedal enclosure. Alternatively, plug in an external 9V DC (center negative) power supply.