The Line 6 Flextone III XL delivers the power of Line 6 modeling technology with the simplicity of a classic amp. The all new Flextone III gets its incredible amp tones from Line 6's flagship Vetta series, effects adapted from the award-winning MM4 and DL4 stomp box modelers, 16 classic Reverb types, and their exclusive A.I.R. II direct recording technology. Amp models are based on classic amps from a '53 Deluxe to an '02 Triple Rectifier - 32 models in all. Highlights include the JC120, Cornford, Chieftain and Extacy. Cabinet & effect models include an equally wide range of sounds. And, you can freely mix & match the cabinet & amp models. All this versatility & phenomenal tone, plus a tour-quality cabinet, simple knob controls, and 4 programmable channels make the Flextone III a serious new amp line that you gotta play to believe.
Dimensions: 29 inches x 21 inches x 11 inches.
Amps & Cabs
Flextone III's soul is its remarkable collection of Amp and Cabinet models—resulting from Line 6's meticulous study of a dream collection of vintage and modern amplifiers and cabinets. Flextone III features 32 groundbreaking amp models built from the same amp technology found in their flagship Vetta amplifier. They've even added all new models based on* a 1963 Fender Vibroverb, Bogner Extacy, Cornford mk50h, and a 1985 Marshall Silver Jubilee.
Against their accountant's better judgment, Line 6 took the liberty of adapting a bunch of great stomp box models from their MM4 Modulation Modeler and DL4 Delay Modeler pedals, and stuffed them all into your Flextone III. You'll get instant access to models based on* the Maestro EP-1 Echoplex, Roland Space Echo, Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man, MXR Phase 90, Uni-Vibe, and Leslie 145. There's even a dedicated Compressor and Gate. And it doesn’t stop there. They've even added 16 classic reverb types ranging from Plate and Chamber to vintage Spring.
Flextone III XL Features
Add an FBV Shortboard foot controller
- 32 Vetta-based amp models
- 12 Effects based on our award-winning stomp box modelers
- 16 Mix 'n' Match Speaker Cab options
- Award-winning Point-to-Point modeling technology
- 2x12 touring quality cabinet
- Powerful 150-watt stereo power amps
- 4 programmable amp channel memories
- Stereo XLR direct outputs
- MIDI compatibility allowing access to deep editing and the Tone Transfer library (coming soon)
Amp Models Based On*
- Access to 36 Presets on Flextone
- Dedicated, hands-free channel switches
- Dedicated reverb and FX loop On/Off switches
- Large name display
- Wah / Volume pedal with toe switch On/Off
- Expression pedal input for separate Volume control
- Chromatic tuner
- Program Patch Naming
- Powered by the Flextone
Cab Models Based On*
- ’87 Roland JC-120
- Hiwatt DR-103
- ’64 Fender Deluxe
- ’53 Fender Deluxe
- ’58 Fender Bassman
- ’63 Fender Vibroverb
- ’65 Blackface Fender Twin
- Budda Twinmaster 2x12 Combo
- ’96 Matchless Chieftain
- ’02 Cornford mk50h
- ’63 Vox AC 30 with Top Boost
- ’61 Vox AC 15
- ’65 Marshall JTM-45
- ’68 Marshall Super Bass
- ’68 Marshall ‘Plexi’ Super Lead
- ’85 Marshall Silver Jubilee
- ’90 Marshall JCM-800
- ’00 Marshall TSL100
- ’01 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
- ’02 Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
- Soldano SLO-100 Head
- Bogner Extacy
- Gibson Explorer
- Supro S6616
- 1x6 inch Supro
- 1x10 inch Gibson
- 1x12 inch Celestion Blue Bell
- 1x12 inch Fender '64 Deluxe
- 2x10 inch Fender Vibroverb
- 2x12 inch Fender Twin
- 2x12 inch Matchless
- 2x12 inch Roland JC-120
- 2x12 inch Vox '67 AC-30
- 4x10 inch Fender '58 Bassman
- 4x12 inch Marshall '67 Greenbacks 20
- 4x12 inch Marshall '68 Greenbacks 25
- 4x12 inch Marshall G70
- 4x12 inch Marshall V30
- 4x12 inch Mesa Boogie
* Line 6 and Flextone are trademarks of Line 6, Inc. All other names used in this website are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds are modeled in Line 6's products.
Are the FX taken from the stomp modelers?
The premium Effects are taken from PODXT. They include the Echoplex, Space Echo, Line 6 Sweep Echo, Uni-Vibe, Phase 90 and others.
Is it loud?
The Flextone III uses an all new power amp developed for Vetta, and refined for Duoverb. This new amp has a whole lot more headroom, (thanks to a much bigger transformer) for improved dynamic response, and models the way a tube power amp interacts with a speaker cabinet. Combined you get a punchier, more organic and toneful experience.
Any new amp models?
Oh yeah. Check out new models based on* the Marshall Silver Jubilee head, Cornford mk50h, '63 Fender Tweed Vibroverb, and Marshall TSL-2000.
Does it jive w/ the old Floorboard and FB4?
Sorry, new FBV and FBV Shortboard only.
Can I transfer my Flex II/Pod 2.0 sounds to it?
That's in the works, but not for now. A new Line 6 Tone Transfer site should be available very soon.
What are the dimensions of the Flextone III amps?
Flextone III, Plus, and Cab: 24 inches x 18 inches x 11 inches
Flextone III XL: 29 inches x 21 inches x 11 inches