The Line 6 Helix Floorboard Dual DSP Audio Engine Guitar Processor is a force to be reckoned with. The state of the art guitar processor not only is an authentic feeling, tour-tested multi-effects system, but is also an unrivaled controller for the modern guitarist, period. Fueled by cutting-edge HX Modeling innovation, the Helix reproduces precise vintage and modern sounding amps, cabs, effects and mics, all while maintaining the bona-fide sound and feel of the original models.
The Helix offers the most impressive I/O and routing capabilities ever built into a multi-effects device. What does that mean for you? You can now seamlessly integrate your existing pedal-rig, and personal sound settings into the Helix. You’ll have full control of all your external pedals using the custom setups and footswitch labels, creating your own unique sound.
With the new Helix 2.0 firmware, you’ll be able to add new models and more features that expand upon the Helix experience. Whether you’re a studio musician, touring side-man, or just a gear enthusiast- The Line 6 Helix Floorboard is a monster processor that will inspire your best playing time and time again.
Line 6 Helix Floorboard Dual DSP Audio Engine Guitar Processor Features
Authentic, Rich Tone
- Helix 2.0 Firmware is here—download it free now at line6.com
- Large color display: 800 x 480 Pixel, 6.2" color LCD
- Joystick and edit buttons: Select, move, bypass and navigate edit pages with one hand.
- Scribble Strips: Customize footswitch labels and LED ring colors
- Capacitive touch footswitches: Touch to select, hold to assign and press to engage
- Pedal Edit: Hold the Mode switch for hands-free amp and effects editing
- External Control: Remote control for traditional amps and stompboxes
- Variax Integration: Instant model and tuning recall, effects control and power for your Variax guitar
- Dual DSP-powered HX modeling engine with 4 discrete stereo signal paths, 45 amps, 30 cabs, 16 mics and 70 effects
- Imports 3rd party 1024/2048 cab IR’s (impulse responses)
- 12 capacitive-sensing footswitches and customizable scribble strips—touch to edit, hold to assign, press to engage
- Hands-free Pedal Edit mode lays out effect parameters across switches and expression pedal
- Near-instant footswitch and controller assignment
- Up to 3 expression pedals, CV/Expression out, external amp switching and deep MIDI control
- Extensive I/O for seamless integration with your entire rig - 10 inputs 12 outputs (including four fx loops), plus 8-in/8-out USB audio interface
- AES/EBU, SPDIF and VDI interfaces
- Industry-leading 123dB of dynamic range on the guitar input, for tremendous depth and ultra-low noise
- Tour Grade construction
Warm vintage-sounding tubes, analog delay, fat overdriven tones and all the precious analog gear you love, the Helix is a piece of gear that seals the deal for today’s guitarists. The elusive “feel” of tube driven amps becomes a reality via the unique DSP engine of Helix. It’s designed to recreate everything you love about that vintage tube sound, but also delivering the touch. When talking about true amp modeling, the Line 6 Helix is second to none. The team at Line 6 has painstakingly matched each stage of an amp’s circuit back to the original, creating a model that reacts and interacts just like the real thing. The nuances of tube sag, B+ voltage control, and power supply ripple are all there giving you punchy overdrive and juicy compression.
*Helix 2.0 firmware introduces five new amp models based on* the legendary Mesa/Boogie® Mk IV and Marshall® JCM 800, as well as new distortion, EQ, modulation and delay effects.
The Line 6 Helix puts to rest that steep learning curve found on other devices, and breaks the traditional mold of other multi-effects boards. The touch-sensitive footswitches allow you to quickly choose an effect block for easy edits, and the 6.2 inch 800x480-pixel LCD display all but eliminates menu-diving - providing precise control that you would expect from an external editor. The user interface is intuitive, smooth and fast. LED rings keep you informed on each footswitch’s patches, and unnecessary fiddling is eliminated. With a quick glance you’ll see that everything is in order so you can focus on playing.
Among the main focuses in developing Helix was to make the interaction between guitarists and technology easier. With Helix, the guitarist won’t have to stop playing to fuss around with buttons. Instead, Pedal Edit Mode, make the expression pedal and footswitches work in unison to tweak the value of any parameter you like. It’s as easy as selecting the block you wish to edit, and letting the expression pedal do the work. The ability to tap a footswitch and tweak parameters on the fly, makes the Line 6 Helix truly one–of-a-kind. Yet if that wasn’t enough, the Helix crushes the competition when it comes to flexibility.
Helix easily sends processed and dry signals, as well as complex routing schemes for each patch, by utilizing its four stereo paths per preset. Thus using the onboard effects models in conjunction with the 4 freely-assignable effects loops make the sonic possibilities nearly unlimited.
Helix 2.0 Firmware
Helix 2.0 firmware includes the new Snapshots performance feature. It is a nifty little feature that enables you to recall, and edit specific elements of your sound inside each preset. Essentially, Snapshots can provide eight variations of the same tone, eight unique tones, or any combination within the same preset.
Let Helix become the hub for all of your guitar rig needs. You can now effectively coordinate your old pedals and other equipment into your Helix environment, making a consistent rig that fuses the best of what hardware and software bring to the table. The flexibility of Helix is put to the test when running all four effects loops as pedal chains, or freely assignable inputs and outputs. With four stereo paths you can do everything from processing multiple instruments simultaneously, allocating wet and dry signal paths, and integrate systems that utilize both digital and analog I/O together.
As for MIDI, Helix blows the competition out of the water. With the tap of a footswitch, you can alter synth patches, assign a sequencer, and tweak an external mixer. Incorporating all these external devices is achieved because Helix can send six separate commands at patch recall that are not assigned to a footswitch. Suddenly the Line 6 Helix has become the captain of your rig!
Lastly, Helix 2.0 firmware features Variax® control enhancements. Guitarists can expand their tonal range by switching between multiple guitar models via footswitch, and controlling the Variax tone knob with an expression pedal.
The Line 6 Helix Floorboard is in a league of its own. It has been designed with the modern guitar player in mind. No other effects pedal bridges the gap between musician and technology quite like Helix. It is a tool that gives the artist the creative flexibility to quickly and effectively recreate the sounds they hear in their heads, sacrificing zero sonic quality.
The new models in Helix 2.0 Firmware Include:
New Amp Models
- Cali IV Rhythm 1, based on* the Rhythm I channel of the Mesa/Boogie® Mk IV
- Cali IV Rhythm 2, based on* the Rhythm II channel of the Mesa/Boogie® Mk IV
- Cali IV Lead, based on* the Lead channel of the Mesa/Boogie® Mk IV
- Line 6 2204 Mod, Line 6 Original based on* a hot-rodded Marshall® JCM® 800
- Line 6 Fatality, Line 6 Original based on THALL
New Effects Models
- Distortion > Wringer Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), based on* Garbage’s special BOSS® FZ-2
- EQ > Cali Q Graphic (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Mesa/Boogie® Mk IV’s 5-band EQ
- Modulation > Harmonic Tremolo (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
- Delay > Vintage Digital (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* All product names used herein are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6’s sound model development.
Mesa/Boogie is a registered trademark of Mesa/Boogie, Ltd.
Marshall and JCM are registered trademarks of Marshall Amplification Plc.
BOSS is a registered trademark of Roland Corporation.