25 guitars, 11 tunings, 1 exceptional instrument
60 years ago, modern music was transformed by the advent of the electric guitar. This revolutionary new instrument proved to be incredibly expressive, and allowed players to connect to their music and their audiences in powerful ways. As music evolved, traditional electric guitars clung to the past, but others provided broader palates of sounds. The JTV59 Variax guitar inclues a Gig bag, 1 Lithium Ion Battery, Charger, Bridge Saddle Wrench and Truss Rod Wrench
Variax HD - The Ultimate Guitar Collection and Anything You Can Imagine
With all-new Variax HD technology, James Tyler Variax provides instant access to a huge collection of HD guitars with unprecedented depth, character and detail—making it the ultimate recording guitar.
Variax HD Upgrade
This free upgrade delivers a world-class collection of HD guitars rebuilt from the ground up using Line 6’s next-generation HD modeling technology, resulting in unprecedented sonic character and a more natural playing experience. From rare vintage electrics to classic acoustics and exotics, each HD instrument delivers superior articulation and exceptional feel—perfect for capturing inspired performances.
All-New Workbench HD Software
The all-new Workbench HD software makes it possible to build one-of-a-kind custom guitars by combining the HD body styles, HD pickups and components in unique ways. Featuring an intuitive, easy-to-use interface, Workbench HD provides full control over scores of important instrument characteristics such as string pitch, string volume, pickup position and much more. Workbench HD also lets you select any Variax pickup model and use it with the natural tone and response of your physical James Tyler Variax guitar—or blend the Variax HD signal with the magnetic pickup sound to create hybrid instruments.
The Ultimate Recording Guitar
Recording guitarists have always had to contend with the challenges of selecting the right guitar for the right tones, tuning/retuning issues, pickup noise in the studio, mics and mic preamps for acoustic guitars, and more. James Tyler Variax eliminates these problems—so you can concentrate on nailing your performance.
- Free Variax HD upgrade features an extensive collection of HD guitars, so you can record with a palette of the world’s greatest instrument sounds.
- With a world-class collection of HD acoustic guitars and exotic instruments, you can record acoustic tracks with pristine sound quality—without ever having to set up a microphone or a mic preamp.
- With virtually limitless alternate tunings, you can easily switch between tunings while tracking.
- The HD guitar tones in James Tyler Variax are completely free of pickup noise, so you can capture pristine takes without hum.
- With James Tyler Variax, there’s no need to interrupt the creative flow by finding, tuning and acclimating to the feel of a new instrument. You can easily switch between HD guitars and tunings just by turning the model knob—enabling you to stay in the moment.
The Variax HD upgrade and Workbench HD software are compatible with all James Tyler Variax guitars. Download the updates from Line6.com/software/.
In 2002, Line 6 launched Variax modeling guitars. These groundbreaking instruments offered guitarists an unprecedented range of tones based on the most desirable electric and acoustic guitars on the planet. To develop the latest evolution of Variax guitars, Line 6 partnered with legendary luthier James Tyler to craft an exceptional instrument and the perfect delivery system for Variax technology.
Award-winning Variax guitar modeling technology
Line 6 set the goal posts for digital guitar modeling, and the latest evolution of this technology gives the James Tyler Variax JTV 59 unprecedented tone-crafting potential.
At a twist of its simple and intuitive selector knob, JTV 59 transforms its tone with 25 award-winning electric and acoustic guitar models, giving you a virtual guitar collection to rival the gear rack of any top studio. Need to roll from country twang ’n’ spank to thick bluesy wail to resonator-style shimmer and chime in the course of the same song? The JTV 59US takes you there and beyond, instantly.
Each model offers nuance-perfect tone inspired by the most desired vintage acoustic and electric guitars, and it does so with more accuracy and tonal purity than ever before (thanks to the ultra-sensitive and more reliable new L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex (polyphonic) piezo pickups loaded into the bridge saddles of JTV 59).
25 guitar models based on
Top-flight guitar design
- 1960 Fender Telecaster Custom
- 1968 Fender Telecaster
- 1968 Fender Telecaster Thinline
- 1959 Fender Stratocaster
- 1958 Gibson Les Paul Standard
- 1952 Gibson Les Paul “Goldtop”
- 1961 Gibson Les Paul Custom (3 PU)
- 1956 Gibson Les Paul Junior
- 1976 Gibson Firebird V
- 1955 Gibson Les Paul Special
- 1959 Gretsch 6120
- 1956 Gretsch Silver Jet
- 1968 Rickenbacker 360
- 1966 Rickenbacker 360-12
- 1961 Gibson ES-335
- 1967 Epiphone Casino
- 1957 Gibson ES-175
- 1953 Gibson Super 400
- 1959 Martin D-28
- 1970 Martin D 12-28
- 1967 Martin O-18
- 1966 Guild F212
- 1995 Gibson J-200
- 1935 Dobro Alumilite
- Danelectro 3021
- Coral/Dano Electric Sitar
- Gibson Mastertone Banjo
- 1928 National Style 2 "Tricone"
Designed from the ground up by one of the world’s foremost luthiers, and manufactured in one of the world’s best-respected guitar plants, JTV 59 is a cutting-edge performance tool.
The Variax technology
||JTV-59 is built along the lines of the archetypal singlecut, set-neck guitar with 24-9/16 inch scale length, and it employs the tonewoods that have made the format legendary since the 1950s. It has a mahogany body with carved maple top, and a set mahogany neck with 22-fret rosewood fingerboard. Optimum playability is ensured by the smooth, rounded Tyler ’59 neck profile and comfortably contoured neck heel, while highly efficient 16:1 tuners and a James Tyler Custom stoptail bridge keep it all rock solid and resonant.
Taking it all to your choice of amplification are a pair of alnico humbucking pickups, wound to James Tyler’s specs along the lines of classic PAFs, but with a little extra punch in the bridge position. Add it all up, and it’s a supreme player’s machine, even before the Variax guitar modeling enters the game.
Alternate tunings for JTV 59
- 25 award-winning Variax guitar models inspired by classic vintage electric and acoustic guitars
- 11 programmable alternate tunings featuring our Virtual Capo system on a dedicated knob
- Polyphonic L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system for ultra reliability
- Variax Workbench Software allows each model to be customized to your unique taste (Mac/PC)
- VDI (Variax Digital Interface) connection to Line 6 POD xt, POD X3, or Vetta II guitar amplifier, enabling dual channel processing and guitar model selection integration with POD presets
- Includes one Li-Ion battery for 12 hours of play time, and international wall-socket charger
CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
- Standard: E A D G B E
- Drop D: D A D G B E
- 1/2 Down: Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb
- Drop Db: Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb
- 1 Down: D G C F A D
- DADGAD: D A D G A D
- Open D: D A D F# A D
- Blues G: D G D G B D
- Reso G: G B D G B D
- Open A: E A C# E A E
- Baritone: B E A D F B
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.