The Line 6 POD HD500 HD Amp Modeling Multi-Effects Pedalboard Processor represents a giant leap forward for amp modeling processors. The POD HD500 is the only floor multi-effect to boast 25 state-of-the-art Line 6 HD amp models, 25 HD preamp-only models, 17 cabs, 8 mics, 100+ modern and vintage-styled M-class effects, and a collection of digital and analog ins and outs essential to every performance. Plus, the Line 6 POD HD500 totally flexible for you to route and tweak to your heart’s content with speed and ease.
Line 6 POD HD v2.0 Firmware Update
Now available from Line 6 is a free v2.0 firmware update which expands the sonic palette of the POD HD500 and enhances integration with the James Tyler Variax and DT25 or DT50 guitar amps. The update includes two new HD guitar models, the first HD bass model and new vintage voiced mic preamp model. Find out more about the v2.0 Line 6 POD HD firmware update.
Line 6 POD HD500 Multi-Effects Processor Features
HD amp modeling: Sound and feel like never before
- 25 revolutionary HD amp models based on sought-after guitar amps from Fender, Bogner, Marshall, Vox, Dr. Z, Divided by 13, Mesa/Boogie, ENGL and more
- 100+ M-class effects including pitch effects, delays, modulations, distortions, compressors, EQs, filters, and reverbs
- Route up to 8 simultaneous effects in any order
- Parallel paths for running two full and independent signal chains simultaneously
- 512 user-writable preset locations
- 48-second looper with dedicated footswitches for Undo, Play Once, Pre/Post, Rec/Overdub, Play/Stop, Half Speed, and Reverse
- Built-in tuner with signal mute
- 1/4 inch and XLR outputs (mono/stereo); MIDI in, out/thru; S/PDIF out; USB; L6 LINK; FX loop (mono/stereo); 1/4 inch aux in; XLR mic in with mic level; 1/4 inch headphone output; Variax VDI connection; External expression pedal input
- Free editor/librarian software
- Bent sheet metal chassis, metal footswitches and expression pedal
- Variable input impedance
Creating these HD amp models was no small feat. 15 years of amp modeling experience coupled with 3 years of Line 6 research and development delivered an entirely new amp modeling technology from that was built from the ground up. During that time, a collection of incredible amplifiers were selected and – with the help of some of the country’s top tube amp experts – restored back to peak condition and performance.
HD amp modeling technology within the POD HD500 delivers the nuances of analog tube amp design like never before. It includes singled-ended and push/pull outputs, Class A and Class AB interactions, a variety of phase inverter topologies, parallel preamp paths, and much more. The result is unprecedented, warmth, feel, sustain and articulation for you to fall in love with.
Tube amp fanatics have long enthused that their favorite stacks and combos aren’t merely amps but instruments themselves, with playability equal to that of the guitar plugged into them. HD modeling lifts the Line 6 POD HD500 pedalboard processor experience to that same exalted level, capturing the genuine playability that great guitarists demand.
The world's best amp tones – now in your collection
Line 6 POD HD500 offers a collection of freshly modeled amps, many of which are brand-new to POD, and all of which are essential for performing guitarists who require a wide variety of tones in one package.
POD HD500 included 25 HD amp models (as well as 25 HD preamp-only models)
100+ M-class FX
- Fender Twin Reverb
- Hiwatt Custom 100 (DR103)
- Supro S6616
- Gibson EH-185
- Fender Bassman
- Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb
- Divided by 13 JRT 9/15
- Dr. Z Route 66
- Vox AC-15
- Vox AC-30 (Top Boost)
- Marshall JTM-45 MkII
- Park 75
- Marshall Plexi 1959 Super Lead
- Marshall JCM-800 (2204)
- Bogner Uberschall
- Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier
- ENGL Fireball 100
- Ampeg B-15NF Portaflex
Descended from the celebrated Line 6 DL4 green box and made famous by Line 6 M13 and M9 Stompbox Modelers, M-class effects are the new stage-standards. POD HD500 features a whopping 100+ M-class effects for you to craft your sound. With this wide tonal palette to play with, you can sound like anyone under the sun, or no one but you. Use up to 8 effects at once in any order.
- 19 delays (including cool tube and solid-state tape echoes)
- 23 modulations (including pitch effects, both blackface-style opto and brownface bias-modulating tremolos, phasers, choruses and rotary speakers)
- 17 distortions (classic stompbox distortion, to vintage fuzz, to thick metal chunk)
- 12 compressors and EQs (including stomp comps and studio tube compression)
- 26 filters (including wahs and several exclusive custom filters)
- 12 reverbs (surfy springs, to studio plates, to cutting-edge digital room sounds)
The power of this collection is truly mind-boggling. In addition to these classic sounds themselves, the Line 6 POD HD500 includes a full-featured looper with 48-seconds of looping time. Ready to start creating? The POD HD500 could keep you going for a lifetime.
Unprecedented flexibility - stunning simplicity
Beyond the mere depth of the amp and effect models, the Line 6 POD HD500 offers supreme flexibility to mix and match amps and pedals in multiple pre-set rigs, attainable at the stomp of a switch.
Scale from an instantly routable signal chain up to the flexibility of a MIDI switching system and beyond, (even compiling several rigs within the POD HD500’s memory, storing a full rig per ‘slot’ with total flexibility and direct access).
Create parallel paths for parallel processing or creating two unique signal paths (each complete with its own amp and effect models) that can deliver the richest, sonically complex tones.
Where other multi-effects seem to require a degree in nuclear physics to access this kind of deep programmability, the Line 6 POD HD500 makes it easy. Your entire signal chain is displayed in the LCD screen for easy access to every parameter – no deep-diving necessary. Simply select a model and drop it into the signal chain anywhere you choose.
Comprehensive connectivity for every professional rig
Put simply, POD HD500 connects to just about anything and everything. A snapshot of the back panel shows 1/4 inch and XLR outputs (mono/stereo), USB, MIDI in and out/thru, S/PDIF out, FX loop (mono/stereo), guitar and mic aux ins with mic level, Variax connection, expression pedal input and a L6 LINK jack for seamless integration with Line 6 DT-series tube amplifiers.
POD HD500 Edit, the free editor/librarian software
POD HD500 Edit is a powerful control panel for the Line 6 POD HD500. Its separate sections for FX, Amps, Mixer and Set Lists allow you to dig deep into every aspect of your tones, experiment with sounds and organize your extensive library of presets.
Built like a tank
The cutting-edge POD HD500 technology is kept safe within a bulletproof bent sheet-metal housing with heavy-duty metal footswitches and expression pedal. No injection-molded plastic boxes here – the Line 6 POD HD500 effects processor pedalboard is ready to lap up years of road and stage abuse and keep you playing.