Ludwig’s Chrome over Brass snare drum, introduced in 1960 as the Super Ludwig, was the predecessor to the Supraphonic. The brass alloy coupled with a chrome plating offers the musical undertones favored of brass with just the right touch of added focus and treble.
Though short lived from its original release, the COB would go on to become one of the most sought after and in demand drums that would lead to its re-release in the 90's.
Ludwig Chrome-Plated Brass Shell Snare Features
B-STOCK drums may have any one or a variety of flaws from the Ludwig factory
- Smooth Shell, Imperial Lugs
- 1.2mm Seamless Brass Shell Chrome Plated
- 2.3mm Steel Triple Flanged Hoops (Optional Die-Cast)
- P85AC Throw Off (Production item only)
- P35AC Butt Plate (Production item only)
- Ludwig Weather Master Medium Coated Head
- Ludwig Weather Master Clear Snare Side Head
- 10 lugs
Blemishes, finish flaw, scratches, dents and are imperfect drums visually, but are 100% up to playable specs.
The Ludwig badge maybe be cut (if the drum was serialized or may not have a serial number on the full badge at all also the badge shape may vary meaning keystone or olive and blue)