Mackie S518S Passive PA Subwoofer offers high power handling, rated at a peak of 1800-Watts, from a portable 18 inch LF PA speaker cab. S518S sub features class leading sound quality and utilizes high-quality components, which include custom-specified drivers and all-wood, touring-quality enclosures.
Mackie S518S Passive PA Subwoofer Features:
- Class-leading power handling - 1800 watts peak
- 18 inch high-output woofer
- Rugged, professional PVC vinyl covered wood enclosures with protective edge bumpers
- Rugged, professional wood enclosure with high-durability, textured paint
- Integrated low-pass filter focuses power to low frequencies for maximum punch
- NL4 and 1/4 inch input and thru connections for connecting multiple units on a single amp channel
S518S enclosures come manufactured from wood which, aside from being sturdy and all-natural, provides the best-possible response, extended low-frequency output without annoying rattles or vibrations. Plus, substantial internal bracing provides a more rigid enclosure, reducing nasty vibrations that could negatively affect sound quality.
Lastly, the entire acoustic chamber on S518S is air-displaced with adiabatic acoustic batting. This dampens internal midrange reflections so they can't bleed back through the LF transducer cone and reach your ears, which causes inferior enclosures to sound "boxy". This, along with LF porting, also allows Mackie S518S enclosures to deliver huge sound in a more compact design than otherwise possible.
All SRM, DLM, HD, iP and C Speakers, Reach, PPM Mixers, HRmk2 Studio Monitors: 3-year inclusive of electronics, 2-year drivers (where applicable), nontransferable;
Thump, Freeplay, Onyx Mixers and Interfaces, DL, VLZ4, ProFX mixers, MRmk3 Studio Monitors, Big Knob, MCU Pro Series, SP260, FRS Series Amplifiers, Mixer Bags/Covers/Hardware, Loudspeaker Bags/Covers/Hardware: 1-year nontransferable;
FreePlay Lithium Ion Battery: 90-day all inclusive, nontransferable;B-Stock items, 90 days.