The StudioLive CS18AI mix controller is a versatile, scalable, modular control surface for PreSonus StudioLive RM16AI or RM32AI actively integrated, rack mount digital mixers and the Studio One digital audio workstation. Networked with StudioLive RM-series mixers via AVB Ethernet and PreSonus UCNET technology, the CS18AI enables complete hardware control of all mixer features.
With a CS18AI combined together with a StudioLive RM mixer, you can keep your mixing I/O on stage in a rack, while running the mix from hundreds of feet way via a lightweight Ethernet cable—eliminating the need for a cumbersome analog snake and a separate stagebox. In addition to mixing with the CS18AI’s touch-sensitive motorized faders, a StudioLive RM as your mix core allows you to integrate an iPad, a large Windows 8 touch screen, or a combination of them all for an unprecedented mixing and control environment.
PreSonus CS18AI StudioLive RM Mixer Control Surface Features
- 18 100mm, touch-sensitive motorized faders: 16 Channel, 1 Flex, 1 Master
- Control StudioLive RM AI mix systems of up to 64-channels
- Navigate using traditional layers or with intuitive PreSonus Filter DCA groups
- Active Integration with PreSonus software includes UC Surface software for extended 2nd screen workflows and direct Capture control for live recording and virtual sound checks
- Studio One 3 control surface functionality coming Q3 2015
- AVB / Ethernet connectivity
- 4x2 AVB audio transport with 2 remote XMAX mic preamps for talkback, room mic or other local inputs, 2 balanced 1/4” TRS line inputs, and 2 XLR line outputs + stereo headphone output
- 16-channels of high resolution 64x96 scribble strip display with pan indicator
- Variable-color Select buttons for easy channel and groups identification
- Full PreSonus Fat Channel DSP control
- 4.3” / 399mm color touch screen
- 4-pin XLR lamp connection
- Footswitch input
- Silent internal PSU with no fans
- Same footprint as StudioLive 16.4.2AI for integration in 19” rack mounts and 3rd-party studio desks
The 19-inch, rack-mountable StudioLive CS18AI has the same footprint as a StudioLive 16.4.2AI console but features 18 touch sensitive motorized faders to control up to 64 input channels (when used with two cascaded StudioLive RM-series mixers) and the mixer’s Fat Channel processing section. An RGB Channel Select button makes it easy to identify and switch between channels and the CS18AI also features a 16-channel scribble-strip display and a 4.3-inch color touch screen.
PreSonus mixers have always supported traditional “layer” workflows for mixing, but many users have reported that they find this “industry-standard” way of doing things to be overly complicated. With StudioLive RM Mixers, and now the CS18AI, PreSonus has introduced Filter DCA Groups, a new way to navigate and control large mixes.
The StudioLive CS18AI can be integrated within an ecosystem of compatible PreSonus applications to create a custom configuration to meet your individual needs. Control StudioLive RM mixers with multiple devices simultaneously by using the CS18AI concurrently with PreSonus UC Surface control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad and QMix-AI personal monitor-control software for iPhone/iPod touch. UC Surface integrates directly with the CS18AI as an extension to the physical controller, providing complementary views for the selected channel strip, full metering, and scene recall. The CS18AI offers direct Capture control for live recording and virtual sound checks, and will also work as a control surface for Studio One (Q3, 2015)
In addition to handling control data, the StudioLive CS18AI’s AVB Ethernet connection passes audio. The controller has two mic inputs with recallable XMAX preamps and two balanced TRS line inputs enabling the CS18AI to handle talkback, room mic and other local inputs such as 2-track playback. There are also two channels of digital returns from the RM mixer that can carry signals from the solo bus, main mix, or any aux mixes to feed the two balanced TRS monitor and headphone outputs.
Lastly, because the StudioLive CS18AI’s motorized faders are touch-sensitive, you don’t have to move a fader for it to recognize it’s being touched, and you can view the fader value without changing it. When used as a control surface for Studio One (Q3, 2015), this will enable you to write automation using touch-and-latch methods that know when you touch and release a fader.CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.