Step up to superior three-way sound with the M3-8 studio monitor from M-Audio. Savor the improved fidelity, enhanced imaging, and super-wide sweet spot of this exceptional three-way studio monitor as you mix your sessions and laydown tracks. Track and mix with the enhanced accuracy and superior imaging that only a three-way monitor can provide. Using an efficient inline design, the space-saving M3-8 Studio Reference Monitors provide truly spectacular three-way sound in the same space as a standard two-way monitor.
M-Audio M3-8 Three Way Active Studio Monitor Features
- Real wood baffle; optimized internal bracing
- Inline mid and high-frequency drivers offer superior imaging
- 8 inch woven Kevlar low-frequency driver
- 5 inch woven Kevlar mid-frequency driver
- 1 inch silk dome tweeter with integrated waveguide
- Tri-amp Class A/B power, 220 Watts total offers robust headroom
- XLR and 1/4 inch balanced inputs; RCA unbalanced input
- 3-band EQ with bypass; switchable low-cut filter, customize and shape your sound
The efficient M3-8 design allows the mid- and high-frequency drivers to be mounted inline. By delivering sound along the same focal plane, the M3-8 speakers deliver improved time-alignment for fatigue-free listening. Lightweight woven Kevlar endows the 8 inch low-frequency driver and 5 inch mid-range driver with strength and reliability. The 1 inch silk dome tweeter offers integrated waveguides to provide increased clarity. In addition to the attractive real wood baffle, the cabinet provides tuned bass porting and optimized internal bracing to produce the highest levels of fidelity.
Three Is Key
Three individual amplifiers provide power to each of the three speakers. A total of 220 Watts of Class A/B amplification empowers the M3-8 with ample headroom for even the loudest mixes. Finely tuned crossovers deliver rich tonality across the entire frequency spectrum. The powerful 3-band EQ - and a switchable low-cut filter - allow you to shape the sound to match your listening environment. Pinhole-mounted blue LEDs provide an easy-to-use visual aide for perfect speaker placement. The result is an outstanding monitor able to perform in the most critical of listening environments.