The M Audio USB Uno is a complete USB-to-MIDI solution, equipped with a USB connection to your computer, and a 1-in/1-out 16-channel MIDI connection to your MIDI devices.
The USB Uno works for Windows and Macintosh operating systems. Its single MIDI In and Out connectors make it perfect for connecting a keyboard or controller to your computer quickly and easily. Since it is powered by the USB port, the no is convenient and great for portable use.
M Audio USB Uno USB MIDI Interface Features
- 1-in/1-out MIDI interface (16x16 MIDI channels)
- High-speed connection to USB-equipped PC or Macintosh computers
- MIDI-Activity indicators for each port
- USB-powered– requires no external power supply
- Built-in USB cable and MIDI extension cables
- Includes OMS drivers for Mac OS 8.6 or greater
- Windows 98, ME, 2000, and XP compatible—true Plug-and-Play installation requires no IRQ, I/O Address or DMA channel setup
- Extremely compact size
If you buy more gear, you'll have no problem expanding. It's easy to add more midiports to your system. You can add as many USB Midisport interfaces to your computer as you have USB ports.
What is USB?
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is a standard interface port on desktop and laptop computers. Nearly all recent computers provide USB ports, both Windows and Macintosh computers. USB supports the connection of up to 127 devices simultaneously, any of which may be plugged into or unplugged from the USB bus at any time -- even with the power on! Whats more, it is the perfect solution for portable users, as all recent laptops also offer USB ports. Everything remains external to the computer and therefore no computer disassembly is required.