The Hot P-90 Quiet Coil was designed for players who need a more powerful P-90 to hit the front end of the amp with more gain and bottom end punch. We were able to retain the clarity and definition of a traditional P-90 so that your tone isn't muddy or dark sounding, with more emphases on upper mid-range growl and no 60-cycle hum. The pickup is a direct replacement for any standard P-90 dogear rout that does not require modifications like many other hum-cancelling designs. The set (neck and bridge) is paired with our '56 Quiet Coil P-90 in the neck position for a well-balanced set and excellent clarity in all positions.
Mojotone Hot Quiet Coil P-90 Soapbar Pickup Set Features
- Consistent scatter wound coils for that hand wound tone, sensitivity, and clarity.
- Vintage formulated Alnico magnet cores with lower Gauss levels like an aged vintage P-90 pickup.
- Vintage braided leads for easy push-back soldering.
- No routing modifications are required to fit shallow vintage routs like the taller stacked hum-cancelling designs.
- Less parts are used to build the Quiet Coils compared to other designs. Like a vintage P-90 pickup, they are SIMPLE!
Vintage P-90's from the 50's were very special because of their vocal and dynamic qualities, with bold highs that breathe with clarity. The only problem was the 60-cycle hum and for today's player, 60-cycle hum can be unbearable at times. Mojotone's patent applied for Quiet Coil hum-cancelling P-90 delivers all of the goodness of a vintage P90 without ever compromising tone or feel.