Highly interactive, the Drummer From Another Mother (DFAM) is a very expressive analog instrument that allows you to explore and experiment with your creativity. The DFAM is a semi-modular analog percussion synthesizer and a vibrant deviation from the traditional drum machine.
Moog DFAM Semi Modular Analog Percussion Synthesizer Features
- Semi-Modular: No patching required. Anyone can create unique and impactful analog rhythms.
- 100% Analog: Unbridled sonic flexibility for a lifetime of percussive inspiration.
- 2 Oscillators: Ultra-wide range sound generation - craft everything from subtly pulsing cadences to clangorous cacophony and floor-splitting bass.
- Selectable Analog Filters: Dynamically sculpt your sound with a Low Pass or High Pass Ladder filter.
- 3 Envelopes: Interact dynamically with velocity to impart “human” variation to your sound.
- 8-Step Analog Sequencer With Velocity: Vibrantly continuous control over each note.
- 24 Patch Points: Explore modular patching or connect to a Mother-32 to create a 3-oscillator leviathan.
- Link Multiple Units: Rack up multiple DFAM and Mother-32 units for evocative analog compositions.
- External Audio Input: Process other sounds through DFAM’s analog circuitry
- Eurorack Compatible: Easily remove DFAM from its case and mount it into a Eurorack system. (Requires a 10 to 16 PIN Eurorack cable)
Handcrafted in Asheville, NC by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory, DFAM is the first addition to the Mother-32 family of synthesizers and presents an expressive hands-on approach to percussive pattern creation. It requires no patching, and absolutely no experience is needed for human-beings of any age to quickly begin synthesizing new and unique rhythmic compositions.
Activated by an easy-to-use analog sequencer, DFAM’s emotive sound begins with a white noise generator and two wide-range analog oscillators. Oscillator hard sync and FM cross-modulation invite effortless transitions between rhythmic pulsations, resounding bass and resonant bells in an instant. DFAM’s distinctive voice is then shaped by a versatile Moog Ladder filter with two selectable modes: Low Pass mode imparts impact and dimension to each sound it touches, while High Pass mode opens the door to naturally expressive strikes, spikes and clangorous accentuations.
DFAM behaves much like a living organism, reacting in different ways to different individuals. This is due to 3 dedicated analog envelopes working dynamically with the sequencer to ensure that tribal toms breathe, industrial impacts evolve, and cacophonous chaos can be spawned or subdued at the turn of a knob.
Each DFAM ships with a package of Moog patch cables that unlock access to the 24-point modular patchbay. Use it to create new sounds or bizarre behaviors, synchronize an unlimited number of DFAM and Mother-32 units together, or fully integrate your analog instrument into a modular Eurorack production environment.