The Moog MF Boost Minifooger Boost Guitar Effect Pedal is much more than your run of the mill booster pedal! The MF Boost is an Expression enhanced, twin topology boost pedal that allows you to select between an articulate VCA signal path and a colored OTA signal path. Moog designed this pedal to work with your guitar and amplifier to conjure boutique sound and responsiveness.
Its natural compression and sound enhancement also bring out the best tone and performance in other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the Moog MF Boost Minifooger can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal or sweepable-gain boost pedal. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
Moog MF Boost Minifooger Boost Guitar Effect Pedal Features
- Articulate tone enhancement tool that you leave engaged
- Two selectable signal paths with natural compression
- Transparent tone circuit adds articulation, Nashville cluck, or removes harshness
- Can be used as a clean boost pedal, a dirty boost pedal AND a volume pedal
- Expression pedal adds gain past the panel setting
- True Bypass
- Designed to perform with any Guitar, Amp, or Bass guitar configuration
- GAIN - Sets the input gain from off to maximum. With the Boost switch in the down position (VCA mode), this knob should be set to maximum. In this setting you will notice tighter bottom, focused midrange, and a more open top end. With Boost in the up position (clipped OTA mode), the sound is creamy and lightly compressed with a slightly more forward midrange.
- BOOST - In the down position, signal is sent through the VCA signal path providing clean, articulate tonal enhancement with a subtle 6dB boost (12dB+ w/ expression). This setting feels and sounds like a boutique amp in a pedal. With the switch in the up position, signal is sent through the clipped OTA path providing 12dB of boost (18dB+ w/ expression). This path has a creamy, classic tone that bonds guitar and amplifier for everything from subtle bite and drive to singing leads. Both settings have a naturally occurring musical compression.
- TONE - At higher settings this control adds openness, note articulation and picking detail. In this setting the top-end in your amplifier is sweetened while remaining smooth, the mids become focused, and the bottom end appears more robust and tight. At lower settings the Tone control can be used to fatten up an amp or tame harsh top-end.
- LEVEL - Level allows you to trim the output of the Boost while maintaining input gain coloration. This control does not go completely off.
- EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT - This input is assigned to Gain. With Gain set to minimum, an expression pedal can be used as a volume pedal. At the mid setting in clipped OTA mode, the expression pedal allows you to swell in and out boost levels musically. At maximum, use an expression pedal to add input Gain not available on the panel of your Moog MF Boost Minifooger and overdrive your amp.