Audio Video Bridging (AVB) is the exciting new extension to Ethernet specifically engineered for real-time, low-latency, fully synchronized streaming of audio and video over Ethernet. AVB fulfills the promise of a true A/V standard that brings together the worlds of networking technology and professional audio/video.
The MOTU AVB Switch provides five 1-Gigabit AVB ports for any AVB devices (even other switches), plus an extra sixth port for bridging to a standard Ethernet network. Enjoy the many benefits of AVB, including plug-and-play operation, guaranteed quality of service, and self-regulated network resource management.
MOTU AVB Switch Five Port AVB Ethernet Switch Features
- Industry standard IEEE 802.1 AVB Ethernet switch.
- Plug-and-play — supports automatic device discovery and network bandwidth management among connected AVB devices. No IT expertise required.
- Standard cabling — use standard CAT-5e or CAT-6 Ethernet cables up to 100 meters.
- 1-Gigabit operation — supports high audio channel counts and very low latency.
- Guaranteed quality of service — all existing audio and video streams are maintained, regardless of other network traffic.
- Network-wide clock and sync accurate to nanoseconds.
- Bridging to standard Ethernet for internet and Wi-Fi.