Record, edit, arrange, mix, process and master audio and MIDI tracks side by side for songwriting, studio production, live performance, film and television soundtracks, audio post production, surround mixing and other professional audio production tasks.
MOTU Digital Performer 9 Recording Software Features
- MX4 MultiSynth: Now included with DP, MX4 is a powerful 64-bit virtual instrument plug-in featuring a hybrid synthesis engine that combines several forms of synthesis, including subtractive, wavetable, frequency modulation (FM), amplitude modulation (AM) and analog emulation. Included is a new EDM-inspired soundbank with 120 new presets.
- Five new plug-ins: Meticulously crafted plug-ins include DP's new MasterWorks FET-76 emulation of the classic 1176LN limiting amplifier (Revision D/E), MultiFuzz model of Craig Anderton's seminal QuadraFuzz distortion kit from the 70's, MicroG and MicroB polyphonic octave generators for guitar and bass, and the mind-blowing MegaSynth subtractive synth processor.
- Automation lanes in the Sequence Editor: Display audio and MIDI automation data (volume, pan, plug-in settings, etc.) in separate lanes below each track for easier viewing and editing. Show and hide as many lanes as you wish.
- Spectrogram display in the Sequence Editor: View the spectral content of each audio track, side by side with their waveforms, directly in the Sequence Editor timeline with a colorful, informative visual representation of the frequency content of your audio material.
- Retina display support: View DP's carefully crafted UI themes like Carbon Fiber, Producer and all-new DP9 theme in stunning detail on the exceptionally high image resolution of your Mac's Retina display.
- MusicXML export: Export your DP QuickScribe notation scores as a MusicXML file, which can then be imported into popular music notation applications like Finale and Sibelius. QuickScribe's renowned notation transcription, along with dynamics and many other musical symbols, are preserved during the file transfer.
- Create Tracks command: Add many tracks to your project in one step — even different types of tracks (MIDI, audio, aux, master faders, etc.) all at once.
- Floating plug-in windows: Keep plug-in windows in front of all other DP windows. Set the floating preference globally or choose to float on a per-window basis.
- MIDI Learn for audio plug-ins: Map knobs, faders and switches on your MIDI controller to audio plug-in parameters. Use Digital Performer’s powerful Custom Consoles feature to access advanced programming for the connection.
- Mute MIDI Notes: Use the Mute Tool to temporarily silence both audio regions and MIDI notes, including multiple selected notes.
- Project Notes: Save text notes in your DP project, rather than a separate text document. Log production info, keep a To Do list, build up liner notes.
- More searching: Find Markers, Chunks and plug-in preferences faster with newly added search fields.