Delivering state-of-the-art operation and rock-solid performance, the LP32 is a flexible digital converter, router, splitter and repeater. The LP32 is housed in a compact, aluminum alloy enclosure you can take anywhere.
The LP32 connects to your computer, iOS device or audio network through USB2 or AVB-TSN Ethernet. The LP32 provides four 8-channel banks of ADAT optical digital audio I/O. The unit supports the industry standard 4-channel SMUX format when operating at 88.2 or 96 kHz. At any sample rate, each input and output bank is individually switchable to stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF).
MOTU LP32 ADAT Lightpipe USB Audio Interface Features
- 32 channels of ADAT optical “lightpipe” audio — Four independent banks of 8-channel ADAT optical at 44.1 or 48 kHz or 4-channel SMUX (16 channels total) at 88.2 or 96 kHz.
- Support for TOSLink — Each optical input or output is individually switchable to stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF), regardless of the current sample rate setting (from 44.1 to 96 kHz).
- Flexible router, converter and splitter — Send any input to any output, or split to multiple output channels. Convert any format to any other (Optical, AVB-TSN and USB). Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB-TSN network.
- Stand-alone operation with wireless control — Connect a standard Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, routing/splitting, powerful 48-channel mixing and DSP effects.
- DSP mixing and effects processing — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 stereo groups, access to 32 network inputs, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate and compression.
- Ultra-low latency and proven, high-performance MOTU drivers — Universal connectivity over high-speed USB 2.0 (3.0 and iOS compatible) and AVB. Renowned drivers deliver industry-leading low latency and rock solid performance.
- Universal control from any device — Control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop, tablet and smartphone connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
The LP32 is equally well-suited for studio, stage or industrial applications, with or without a computer. As an interface, router or stand-alone mixer, the LP32 provides up to 32 separate optical input and output channels, 64 channels over USB, 32 channels of audio networking and stereo headphone output, for 258 simultaneous I/O channels.
Connect your optical-equipped gear and then record, monitor, route, process and convert all of these live inputs using the on-board 48-channel large console-style mixer, with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs and busses, independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb™ with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ, modeled vintage compression, and gating.
After recording and mixing in the studio, unplug the LP32 from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable and control everything from your smartphone and tablet, or both simultaneously.
Through AVB Ethernet, connect another MOTU AVB interface for more I/O — or connect to an expanded MOTU AVB network with multiple interfaces and computers.
Control everything from your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet and smartphone connected wirelessly or locally to the audio network.