A flexible stage box, stand-alone mixer and audio interface, the Stage-B16 features studio-quality analog performance up to 192 kHz, powerful DSP for mixing and effects processing, and connectivity to a digital snake, audio network or host computer through AVB Ethernet or class compliant, high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS).
MOTU Stage B16 16 Input USB Audio Interface with DSP Features
- Three products in one: 1) DSP-equipped stage box with AVB Ethernet "digital snake" connectivity, 2) 12-bus digital mixer with wireless control and 3) universally compatible audio interface for Mac and Windows.
- Studio-quality analog performance up to 192 kHz: For example, the XLR analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range.
- 16 studio-grade mic inputs: Each equipped with individual preamps, 48V phantom power and -20dB pad. Also includes eight analog outs on XLRs, 4 channels of AES/EBU output and phones.
- Precision Digital Trim: Digitally controlled analog preamp gain provides accurate adjustments in 1 dB increments from web app software running on your laptop, tablet or smartphone, with the ability to save gain settings.
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects: Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- Web app control from any device: Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from innovative web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smartphone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone operation with wireless control: Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, powerful 48-channel mixing and DSP effects from your smartphone or tablet, without a computer.
- 32-bit floating point processing: The Stage-B16's mixing and effects DSP engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
- Modeled vintage effects processing: Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- System expansion: Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai, 24Ao, 112D or Monitor 8) with a simple CAT-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (not included).
- AVB audio networking: Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Universal connectivity: Connects to your computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant hi-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Compatible with all audio software.
- AudioDesk: Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
A sturdy, 2-rack space chassis provides 16 studio-grade, front-panel mic inputs with individual preamps and 48V phantom power, 8 line-level analog outs on XLRs, 4 channels of AES/EBU digital output and phones. Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb.
Operate Stage-B16 as a stage box, stand-alone mixer or audio interface and control everything from MOTU's innovative AVB web app software running on your iPad, iPhone, tablet, smartphone, and laptop. Connect a second Stage-B16 or other MOTU AVB interface with a simple Ethernet cable. Add more I/O with the MOTU AVB Switch (not included). Build an AVB audio network with multiple switches and sub-millisecond latency, even over long cable runs up to 100 meters. From stage to studio, the Stage-B16 delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.