Featuring ultra-low latency and a superb sound, the UltraLite-mk4 provides flexible and mobile USB2 audio connectivity to your computer with analog quality at sample rates up to 192 kHz. You get all the I/O you need, including two mic/guitar inputs, six line-level analog inputs, ten analog outputs, 8-channel optical digital I/O, S/PDIF digital I/O, MIDI I/O and a headphone output.
MOTU UltraLite mk4 USB Audio Interface Features
Built for studio and stage
- 18 x 22 USB audio interface with 40 simultaneous audio channels — 2 mic/guitar inputs, 6 line ins, 10 line outs, phone out, S/PDIF digital I/O and 8-channel optical I/O for 18 inputs and 22 outputs.
- Superb analog quality with ultra-low latency — Analog outputs deliver 117 dB dynamic range. New, optimized drivers deliver rock-solid performance and industry-leading low latency.
- DSP mixing and effects processing — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 group sends, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- Modeled vintage effects processing — Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A leveling amplifier. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer.
- Web app control — Control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop or mobile device (table or smartphone) through a shared Wi-Fi network.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to any computer with hi-speed USB 2.0 (audio class compliant, compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Compatible with all audio software.
- Comprehensive metering — The large backlit LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O.
- AudioDesk — Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
Housed in a compact, aluminum alloy enclosure you can take anywhere, the UltraLite-mk4 is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the UltraLite-mk4 provides 18 inputs and 22 outputs, for a total of 40 I/O channels.
All the I/O you need
Connect all of your audio gear, including speakers, headphones, mics, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors and even MIDI devices.
Large console-style mixing
Record, monitor, route and process all live inputs using the on-board 48-channel large console-style mixer, with no latency and no processor strain on your computer.
DSP-driven effects processing
Apply hardware-based, DSP-driven effects processing to your mix, independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths up to 60 seconds.
Modeled analog EQ and compression
Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ featuring filter types carefully modeled after British analog console EQs. Choose between two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the Leveler™, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A™ optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
Analyze and scope your audio with advanced diagnostic tools, including a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram “waterfall” display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot and phase analyzer.
Mobile recording and mixing
After recording and mixing in the studio, take the UltraLite-mk4 on the road with your laptop for mobile recording and live mixing.
From studio to stage, the UltraLite-mk4 delivers exceptional sound quality, ultra-low latency drivers, state-of-the-art operation and rock-solid performance.