Unveiled in 1987, the iconic Stingray 5 features a powerful punchy sound and a comfortable contoured body that satisfies even the most demanding of players. Based on the distinctive tone of the original Stingray, the Stingray 5 is the ideal instrument for any bassist wanting to optimize their playing potential.
Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay 5 Special Bass with Case Features
- Lightweight ash body
- New arm contour rounded for more comfort at different playing positions
- 5-bolt contoured neck joint on the body
- 22 stainless steel frets
- All new lightweight modern classic bridge and saddles
- Lightweight Music Man tuning machines with a finer gear ratio
- Lightweight aluminum hardware
- Neodymium pickup magnets for increased output
- 3-band EQ
- 18 V preamp for extra headroom with no clipping
For 2018, the StingRay 5 has been reimagined with new features and appointments that provide a new level of playing comfort while retaining that revered iconic StingRay 5 sound. Featured revisions include an enhanced contour that is rounded for more comfort in any playing position, a sculpted neck joint for uninhibited upper fret access to all 22 stainless steel frets, and lightweight aluminum hardware providing a lighter more balanced instrument.
The new and improved StingRay electronics feature more powerful neodymium magnets for increased output and a new 18-volt preamp for extra clean headroom without clipping. Solid roadworthy construction, elegant pickguard, 4+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever popular Music Man humbucking pickup, all of which combined produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.